Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 4 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Thanks to Hybrid34, I now have an EL XR6 Manual bin file. This was probably the most requested of all. They fetch some pretty ridiculous prices!!! We can now turn any EL ecu into an EL XR6 Manual ecu for the cost of a J3 chip.

On the J3 chips themselves, my Australian supplier has sent me a sample unit. I am having a little trouble programming it as my hardware is from the US, but once we have this hiccup sorted out we will be able to offer locally built chips cheaper than the US sourced ones (which currently over $100 with shipping).

Cheers,
Jason

That's excellent.. I've been playing with the auto version, so will have to start again..

good stuff, let me know how you go with the J3.

rgds

frank

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

If you are planning on a custom edit, continue with the Auto. The HWAD3 definition is not suitable for the EL XR6 bin.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

ahhh...

I have the EL XR6 auto from your site.. it doesn't matter auto or not because I have it bypassed with resisters anyway...

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

gotta find the scalar that sets it to either auto or manual, in the V8 ones its down the bottom near the goose test stuff, is the EL 6 cyl goose test stuff at the end of the bin like this too?

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

ah just for the dumb asses out there could u explain what u mean by goose test..??

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

when you jump your diagnostics connector to get it in to diagnostics mode, there are a buch of parameters that obviously need to be outlined in the ECU. In the 5ltr ones there is stuff relating to cylinder balance testing, goose test AFR's RPM's steerig test TPS test ECT/ACT range testing ign advance (which is why you put it in to diag mode to set your timing)

Ive not yet tested it, but the difference between the 6DFC & 6DGC (EL XR8 manual vs NL Ghia auto) do a similar thing to the yankie stuff in that you have say 4 for an EAOD 2 for single switching manual ect

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Post subject: Goose
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:31 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XC UTE

NSW, Australia

I think you will find that the "GOOSE" part of the test actually requires you to hit the throttle.

Have you actually done a diagnostic test on the 5L?

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ill think that you will find that the goose test has more in it than your told about, and yes I have done a goose test.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Post subject: Re: Goose
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XCMUZ wrote:
I think you will find that the "GOOSE" part of the test actually requires you to hit the throttle.

Have you actually done a diagnostic test on the 5L?

I would have to agree with XCMUZ , the very technical term the engineers use "LOL" is " GOOSE THE THROTTLE " , it is just a procedure one runs through when running a EEC-IV/V engine test - Key ON-Engine Running Test ( KOER ) for the "F" series , 5.0L SEFI and 4.0L MODELS ONLY in which the person applies the throttle very quickly to the full on position and releases the throttle immediately " Snapping the throttle open = GOOSE THE THROTTLE ".

Same as turning the steering wheel 180 degrees in each direction.

These procedures are just applying a load on the individually sensors and in these two examples , one is testing the TPS switch and the other the power steering pressure switch . It is just a sequence of events testing the EEC-4/5 system.

If there are any other tests results from " GOOSE THE THROTTLE " I would like know what they are as I'm only aware of the one I have mentioned.

Document Description - http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=52

There is plenty of reading information on the net , I actually use a old scan tool called OTC monitor 4000 to access the eec-4/5 and do some diagnostics.
http://zenseeker.net/4x4/EECIV.htm
http://www.troublecodes.net/Ford/
http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt6.pdf
http://www.gt350mustang.com/eec.htm
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/OBD_I.html
http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=118

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 5 Spd EA Wagon, 5 spd EF Fairmon

VIC, Australia

Hello.
I'm having some issues..i cant seem to get the binaries off my ECU..
I loaded the flash 'n' burn software, hooked up the burn1, the F2E and the J3 adaptor to a spare ECU, plug it all upm and it finds the hardware, and i select EEC-V reader, and then 'read chip'. it says read to buffer successful. i then save buffer to file, but the files are only 1kb, and the tuner pro doesnt seem to like them...

What am i doing wrong????

Cheers
David.

If you're not driving a manual, you are only steering...

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ok, well, i've sorted the above issue, i overlooked the start/finish addresses.. Now i have the issue that all the Bin files i make dont look right.. i mean, all the slider bars are flat-out, like speed limiter, rev limit, etc, then i know this ECU has both...
I'm doing something wrong...lol

Cheers
David

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What box code is your ECU and what definition file are you using? Chances are that your def file isnt calibrated correctly for your bin, and its reading FF's rather than what it should be.

Another thing to note, sometimes when you do an on the bench bin dump, it wont read correctly. When you did it, did you press the verify chip with buffer button? sometimes you need to power up the ECU, you can do it on the bench, but sometimes its just easier to to it in the car. If the bin is correct, on an EEC-IV you will have your box code and strategy near the end of the null 0x2000 data before bank 1 starts, and in the EEC-V (running EEC-IV strategies EF/EL) it will be at 0x19F06

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yep, jaysen is right. You will need to do the read in a car, and the only bins supported are listed on the site.

As far as I have tested, you can run any 4*** bin in any 4*** ECU, and same goes for the 6*** -- aside from the LPG models, where the EL LPG models have an additional output driver for the LPG stepper which isnt in the standard ECU.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the replies. My ECU is a 4DCG out of my '96 EF.. I was using the N4AGB-v7 def file.. i then tried a 6TBA EL XR6 ECU with the EL def on the site, and both were the same.. i'll have to try them powered.. do i do the bin read with the key in the 'on' pos, or 'off'???

Cheers
David.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next