Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 43 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

galapogos01 you freakin rock! this gear is too good to be true.
im in the middle of a turbo EA build at the moment, will be investing in chip and tuner in next couple of weeks, 2 questions

1. is it still worth me upgrading to a EL ecu now that you support eec iv? what advantages?

2. have you had a chance to burn any turbo chips as yet? ill be doing my own tuning in conjunction with paul at LMG Performance, but i wondered if you have done any pretuned chips for turbo players yet and how they went?

cheers mate

best in 2010

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Cheers for the kind words :)

Some of the benefits of using an EL ECU are described here: http://www.tiperformance.com.au/Technic ... 0EA-ED.pdf . I still recommend it where possible (i.e. on the 6 cyls).

I haven't personally done a turbo tune, but I have tuned a PowerDyne kit on my EF. Paul @ CVE and Matt at BPR have both done turbo & blown tunes using our gear, the results of which are on the Owners Gallery on the site. I think the guys at A&K in WA also did a turbo tune though the user ended up installing an EMS due to unrelated issues (which didn't fix the original problem).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Have made some minor updates on the site, including adding a Featured Car to the home page! If you have one of our chips, make sure you add your car to the Owners Gallery by clicking here: http://www.tiperformance.com.au/owners_ ... er_add.php

Also, I've been working on refining the WinLog dashboard I use when tuning, as I have been fiddling with my own car to get some more economy out of it and make sure it's safe for the hot weather. Anyhow, the result (click to enlarge):

If you have a TechEdge wideband controller and want to try it out, download from: http://www.tiperformance.com.au/techedge.html

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Hey Jason, are you guys looking at a chip like the Moates Quarterhorse where you can do things on the fly as well as datalog all in one?

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

We are looking at a realtime / emulation product, but it's a while off, and will have a much higher price tag (of course). Besides, even if you can log the NBo2, there will always be a need for a WBo2 sensor and controller -- purchasing a WBo2 controller isn't a waste as it can be moved from vehicle to vehicle too.

Also, while im on the subject, a lot of 'realtime' products take a lot longer to program than our chips - ours take approx 30 seconds to load & verify (less for load), whereas another realtime product on the market at the moment takes more than twice this long just to load (no verify). If the load fails, the vehicle will stop (learnt this the hard way) which can make 'on the fly' updates a moot point. With a bit of practise, it's very easy to unplug a chip, plug it back in and start the car within 30 seconds. Finally, remember that flashing of the latest and greatest Black Oak PCMs (BA-FG) takes over 60 seconds and requires the engine to be off too.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

I didn't read your prior post regarding the skin you made for the WBo2 controller and this would've cured my curiosity somewhat. I browsed the techedge site a couple of years back and looked at some of their links to custom WinLog things and soon got lost. Looking at your custom dashboard, the only thing that I'd change naturally is the MAF voltage which wouldn't be hard and it's readily available!

Do you keep the total tuning package in stock at all?

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Will send you a PM! :)

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Has the switch for SSPS been found yet? Just wondering cause I'm looking at getting a chip in the next few months and would like to go for a manual bin but if the SSPS hasnt been found I will just stick with a resistor-tricked auto bin I guess.
I dont know if it will be of any help, but I've read that wagons had ssps enabled even though they didnt have the ssps rack, so they just throw a code for it.

One more thing. Do you have a custom tune for a CMS3 cam? I'll be getting a custom tune later on when I can afford it, but I'd like to have my idle and fuel usage tamed a little in the mean time.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Finally, remember that flashing of the latest and greatest Black Oak PCMs (BA-FG) takes over 60 seconds and requires the engine to be off too.

Cheers,
Jason

well thats not exactly true, theres a bloke in Vic, a DIY tuner from another forum who's designed his own program that can & dose road tune & flash on the fly..... someone that I know who owns a G6E was down there & he did it for him from his laptop he flashed & down loaded less that 10 sec also he can suck out any tune thats present in the A, B & F series its almost like the VCM suite softwear but again quicker for flashing but unlike the SCT that once you're changed a file it has to down load all of files, this only down loads the area that your've changed.......he's thinking of marketing his software but I havent heard any more atm...

oh, good work with the j3 gear

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

MADXF wrote:
Has the switch for SSPS been found yet? Just wondering cause I'm looking at getting a chip in the next few months and would like to go for a manual bin but if the SSPS hasnt been found I will just stick with a resistor-tricked auto bin I guess.
I dont know if it will be of any help, but I've read that wagons had ssps enabled even though they didnt have the ssps rack, so they just throw a code for it.

One more thing. Do you have a custom tune for a CMS3 cam? I'll be getting a custom tune later on when I can afford it, but I'd like to have my idle and fuel usage tamed a little in the mean time.

The method we normally recommend in cars where SPSS is required is to use the resistor trick and a custom pre-programmed tune. I have done custom pre-programmed tunes to suit CMS cam and also cam/head packages before, with good results.

AUXR8 2 wrote:
well thats not exactly true, theres a bloke in Vic, a DIY tuner from another forum who's designed his own program that can & dose road tune & flash on the fly..... someone that I know who owns a G6E was down there & he did it for him from his laptop he flashed & down loaded less that 10 sec also he can suck out any tune thats present in the A, B & F series its almost like the VCM suite softwear but again quicker for flashing but unlike the SCT that once you're changed a file it has to down load all of files, this only down loads the area that your've changed.......he's thinking of marketing his software but I havent heard any more atm...

oh, good work with the j3 gear

Interesting! Do you have any details of this guy? There are ways of doing this by opening the PCM and accessing the eeprom directly... this is cumbersome but essentially the same as what we're doing with the J3 port, or a Memcal for the GM stuff. If he's doing it via the ODBII cable, i'd almost put money on it taking a lot more than 10 seconds, unless he has added custom code to the PCM to handle partial flashes, as there is no way to do this in the default code. I'd be interested to learn more!

Cheers for the feedback. Let me know if you are interested in tuning with our products! I'm sure a lot of forum members would love to get a J3 tuned by you guys.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I dont know hows he's doing it but he's being doing this for a while, the guy that I know tried to find out whats & how he's doing this but as you can apreciate he's very tight lipped about this & I belive the talk is he's one of the best DIY tuners down there.......

PM me about the other thing

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
The method we normally recommend in cars where SPSS is required is to use the resistor trick and a custom pre-programmed tune. I have done custom pre-programmed tunes to suit CMS cam and also cam/head packages before, with good results.

Excellent.
I'll be placing an order for a pre-programmed chip to suit the stg3 CMS cam soon then.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

you never know whats posible....lol lol

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

couple of tuning questions, i have 3 spark tables here, base, bdl and alt.
do i have to adjust them all or just the base? think i read sumthing bout filling the alt and bdl with 50s so the ecu ignores them? wouldnt it just apply 50deg timing if it reads a 50? or am i missing sumthing?

also when tuning the VE table does increasing the VE value in an given cell increase the injector PW or vice versa?

hope this makes sense

the TI performance tuning gear rocks btw! 8-)

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey mate,

Thanks for the kind words.

The older bins have very different spark management.

With the EB/ED bins, I put the same spark table in all 3, and update when I make changes. You also have to modify the WOT advance table.

With EF/EL, as per the tuning guide, I put 50's in one pair of tables and edit the other two. There is no WOT advance table in these bins (just an adder).

As the guide explains, the EEC always picks the lowest of the spark values for a given mode of operation.

Higher VE implies more air which means the EEC adds more fuel.

Cheers,
Jason

Sort by  
 Page 43 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 100  Next