Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 60 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Interesting that you're both having the same issue, I hadn't connected the dots.

Without an AU to do testing on this will be difficult for me to resolve. If you can test the A/C inputs/outputs as per the factory wiring diagram both with and without the chip that would give me something to work with. I still think the issue relates to climate control base binaries with non-climate control cars but need to gather info. It's important to note that most of my customers with AU chips have not experienced this issue, so there is something specific that im missing. Both of your cars are non-climate, right?

See this link for factory ECU pinout: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244617

If you have a multimeter and you can complete this table with/without the J3 and PM them to me, that would help a lot!

Code:
          A/C Off Fan Off    A/C Off Fan On    A/C On Fan On

Pin 69       x                   x                   x
Pin 86       x                   x                   x
Pin 92       x                   x                   x
Pin 93       x                   x                   x

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

Ok Jason, I'll try make some time this weekend. It's much appreciated you're willing to solve the issue. I'll have a poke around perhaps tommorow.

Definately no climate control, it's an XR.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Smithysix wrote:
Is there any advantage getting a j3 chip, with an xr6 tune for example, if the car is stock?

If you run premium fuel, yes.

wechosethegoodlife wrote:
It appears all the right signals are on the ports of the ecu coming from the fan & a/c switch, but I would like to double check that soon to confirm.

Shane

Good stuff, shoot me an email once you've checked.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason you have any ideas how many au2/3 i6's have your j3 chip in them?

Shane

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

At least 35, not including dealer tuned chips or any DIY tuned ones.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Interesting that you're both having the same issue, I hadn't connected the dots.

Without an AU to do testing on this will be difficult for me to resolve. If you can test the A/C inputs/outputs as per the factory wiring diagram both with and without the chip that would give me something to work with. I still think the issue relates to climate control base binaries with non-climate control cars but need to gather info. It's important to note that most of my customers with AU chips have not experienced this issue, so there is something specific that im missing. Both of your cars are non-climate, right?

See this link for factory ECU pinout: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244617

If you have a multimeter and you can complete this table with/without the J3 and PM them to me, that would help a lot!

Code:
          A/C Off Fan Off    A/C Off Fan On    A/C On Fan On

Pin 69       x                   x                   x
Pin 86       x                   x                   x
Pin 92       x                   x                   x
Pin 93       x                   x                   x

Cheers,
Jason

I'll try to measure over the next few days or so.....Thanks heaps for your willingness to help out on this one.
Shane

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:

Code:
          A/C Off Fan Off     A/C Off Fan On    A/C On Fan On

Pin 69       14.5                  14.5                     x
Pin 86        x                   5.6V - 13.8V  1 - 4 On Fan Select.
Pin 92        x                        x                      13.7
Pin 93        x                        x                       x

Cheers,
Jason

Interestingly enough I have nothing (no wire) from pin 93 so i didn't test it. Perhaps this is the variation ?
That was tested with the J3 out. It's too hot to go put it back in and go through that again :P I'm going to go find somewhere wet...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Nice work with this!

Wanting to convert to manual, car is running an EL Tickford LPG ECU (6TGD), (Is an ED with AU motor running EL Tickford Gas setup)

What I want to achieve is still have the map switching functionality between Petrol and LPG maps like it currently has, but basically turn it into a manual ECU, would this be possible to do with the J3?

Also assuming the above is possible I assume that it would also be possible to customize both spark maps and other things, if i decide I want/need to in the future?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks bud.

Yes, I should be able to sort that out via a Custom Pre-Programmed Chip. You will be able to modify maps later or now if you like. Email me for more info!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I have read basically all of this thread, but couldn't find the answer, so forgive me if I'm asking something that has already been answered.

Where in can I find the parameters that determine when the ECU (EF and AU XR6) goes into closed loop and when it exits closed loop? Also, am I able to adjust those parameters - ie, go into or out of closed loop under different conditions than originally programmed from the factory?

As a side question, even when operating in closed loop, is it possible to offset the AFR, ie make it run leaner than stoich in closed loop? Stoich is fine for minimum emissions, but not ideal for fuel economy. I would like to get it to run closer to 16.0 AFR at light-throttle cruise, if possible. I could achieve that if I can get the ECU to offset the AFR by 1.3-1.4 leaner or decrease fuel by about 8-9% in closed loop. I am running without a cat (legal here), so that's not a concern.

Thanks for the help.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

You can't control when the ECU goes into or out of closed loop, and I haven't had a reason to yet either. You can control the targeted AFR by editing the Fuel Stabilised table.

Interested to see your results :)

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I thought speed density engines like the 4.0L used the VE tables to determine the amount of fuel to inject. What do the Fuel Base and Fuel Stabilised do in an SD engine? Can they actually be used to tune closed loop AFR? Has anyone else achieved lean cruise (over 15 AFR) on the EEC?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to learn. Thanks.

Edit: Just downloaded the Excel file Tweecerdefs.111804.xls and it says that Fuel Stabilised Closed Loop is "not used on A9L family of processors", but the Fuel Stabilised Table that is used is Open Loop only. Does that apply to the Falcon 6 as well?

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The MAF and SD strategies are very different when it comes to fuel control for obvious reasons. The table is used, that's why I suggested it! The MFA tables add an adder to the stab table when in lean cruise mode to get into the 15s, but as you will see its quite a small multiplier. If you want all closed loop operation to be leaner, edit the stab table.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Awesome info. Thanks for the help.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont

SA, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
galapogos01 wrote:

Code:
          A/C Off Fan Off     A/C Off Fan On    A/C On Fan On

Pin 69       14.5                  14.5                     x
Pin 86        x                   5.6V - 13.8V  1 - 4 On Fan Select.
Pin 92        x                        x                      13.7
Pin 93        x                        x                       x

Cheers,
Jason

Interestingly enough I have nothing (no wire) from pin 93 so i didn't test it. Perhaps this is the variation ?
That was tested with the J3 out. It's too hot to go put it back in and go through that again :P I'm going to go find somewhere wet...

Guys, have we got any closer to resolving the air con issues ? I also have similar problems to these guys. I have an AU1 , converted from auto to manual, and running a VCT motor and loom with the standard original ecu and J3 chip. The VCT is working fine. Cheers Mike

EA Falcon Saloon RaceCar
EF Fairmont wagon- AU I6 modified
EB Ford daily
EB Ford daily- AU I6 modified

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

QLD, Australia

ok so i have an au s1 fairmont with climate and i bought one of these ages ago and since sold it cos it was not working properly and also my air con was playing up! guess i was right then aye! i was told that this is prob something wrong with my car but i now know it wasnt the car but the chip, cheer for giving me a smile lol

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Sort by  
 Page 60 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 100  Next