Page 6 of 8 [ 109 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: 12.5:1 hi comp build
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Ed Xr6

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
JayEdXr6 wrote:
Makes sense but I still fail to see how taking that much off will do sweet f all but I really don't know.

depends where the weight was taken from. weight taken from close to the center won't do much.

Yes I should be more specific the weight is taken from the counter weights from tangent of big end(main journal) to tangent of little end. As in sit a ruler from journal to journal and the meat sitting above those tangent point is removed, (it's quite a chunk). Then the little ends of the crank is drilled hollow. So yer very little of the weight is actually removed from the centre

Poly green Ed xr6-new n/a motor on the way.

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Does anyone have any good advise to do with a good intake manifold choice other then ITB's unless anyone knows a cheaper source that makes them....jmm wants like 4 grand!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

The only manifolds I know of aside from ITB's are for boosted applications.

Your best bet would be to do a DIY ITB set up. I forget the name of the bloke who did one on here, but there were a lot of pics in the thread. It was a white EF from memory...

The only downside is I think his was still a fair bit of guessing in terms of design - it still produced a decent result though.

If you really want to make big numbers you need both your intake and exhaust manifolds to match the rest of your engine (particularly cam/valve opening/closing). It is one thing a lot of people overlook on this site, then later complain they can't hit 200rwkw using off the shelf items.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
The only manifolds I know of aside from ITB's are for boosted applications.

Your best bet would be to do a DIY ITB set up. I forget the name of the bloke who did one on here, but there were a lot of pics in the thread. It was a white EF from memory...

The only downside is I think his was still a fair bit of guessing in terms of design - it still produced a decent result though.

If you really want to make big numbers you need both your intake and exhaust manifolds to match the rest of your engine (particularly cam/valve opening/closing). It is one thing a lot of people overlook on this site, then later complain they can't hit 200rwkw using off the shelf items.

Thanks for the advice I'll have to do more research into that once head and cams done, those snort plenums are no good for n/a?

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:58 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

This skid cost me 350 dollars the day after I got my 19's, still goes to limiter in 2nd no worries, and it's on my mates acreage before anyone hates on it

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: na fairlane

QLD, Australia

the guy who did the ITB's user name is dsyfer. he lives in adelaide. search either ITB's or his user name. he took about a year and a half to do the build, roughly 5 or 6 grand including aftermarket ecu and other stuff.

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

JayEdXr6 wrote:
This skid cost me 350 dollars the day after I got my 19's, still goes to limiter in 2nd no worries, and it's on my mates acreage before anyone hates on it

LOL - thats an expensive private road - did he put the double whie lines in himself as well - i am just stirring - nice smoke where is the vid?

If you want a cheaper alternative 6ITB's then Paul from CVE Performance can help your out http://www.cveperformance.com/

JMM and EFI Hardware have the 6ITB's http://www.efihardware.com/products/185 ... -to-AU-kit

If you want a Custom Plenum to suit your cam then Ariel from Custom Plenum Creations can help you out http://customplenums.com/site/

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Haha yer I have a video how do I post it? Cve I have heard good things from them aye don't they have like a 12.7 na eb or something????

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Its an EA Brock. Bloke by the name of BrockyB8 or something to that effect on here owns it.

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

That's a bloody fast 6 cyl na.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Still waiting on block to come back, I rang up and had things changed a bit, not ordering scat rods, not balancing crank(until weight has been removed) so anyway they rang back next day it's gonna cost $1442. Also I had a good discussion with clarko who will be lightening my crankshaft. He said the motor is gonna spin up alot faster, and it's a very good idea for drags etc he reckon it will be fine on the street also, so that should be interesting, he a really nice help full guy and he reckon I should see 280rwhp without to much trouble. That would be heaps!! Just gotta get thus block back now....

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Engine joint rang me yesterday, the acl pistons have a zero piston to bore, bit with the Teflon coated skirts they asked me if I was ok with half a thou clearance, I discussed pros and cons and told them to go ahead. It is finished today picking it up next Friday nek week. Also talked about fly cutting valve reliefs further for intake and creating one for exhaust, they said no worries. Also talked to cms about ITB's 3000 for the setup, thinking about it. Gonna get a Cnc head from jmm with the big valves, small stem.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

JayEdXr6 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
JayEdXr6 wrote:
Makes sense but I still fail to see how taking that much off will do sweet f all but I really don't know.

depends where the weight was taken from. weight taken from close to the center won't do much.

Yes I should be more specific the weight is taken from the counter weights from tangent of big end(main journal) to tangent of little end. As in sit a ruler from journal to journal and the meat sitting above those tangent point is removed, (it's quite a chunk). Then the little ends of the crank is drilled hollow. So yer very little of the weight is actually removed from the centre

Why are you talking about cranks, when the both the comments you quoted were talking about flywheels?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yer s**t my bad, I meant crank. But also wanna do flywheel.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Can anyone tell me if the flywheel from a 5.0 litre bolts directly up to ef crank and works with t5 obviously with a 5.0 litre clutch assembly ???????

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 8  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next