Fordmods Logo

13.6 out of a nearly stock fg non turbo xr6 

Page 11 of 19 [ 282 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Post subject: Re: 14.5 stock quarter mile in my fg xr6
Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Awesome times dude! Pretty sure iv seen your car around penrith a few times aswell. I'm local to the Penrith Area aswell and will defiantly be hitting up the tuner you used :p are you able to tell me where you got the headers and cat from? Been meaning to have the headers and cat done for a while now but wasn't sure if the power gains were worth the cost - but after seeing this, 200 + rwkw is defiantly something to smile about :) only issue il think Il has is the dual exhUst as I already have a stainless steel hi tech unit from the cat back ( not sure if this can be modded to be a dual set up) grats again on the figures dude!

2009 XR6 FG NITRO!
6sp Manual - Because its fun being shifty..
SS Hi-Tech Catback, BMC hi-flow panel filter, XR8 lower airbox, tints and F6 wheels.
MORE TO COME!

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate, what colours your fg? i got the headers from auto barn penrith through a mate luke that works there the cat i got from mick at carline emu plains who made up a custom 3'' system with 1 muffler then it splits into the gt rear set up the 4495's are well worth the money if your system is 2.5 inch i'd sell it for a 3'' also is your car a 6 speed auto?

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Mine is a Nitro 6sp Manual. So far i have the cat back mentioned above and an xr8 intake and panel filter with 19inch F6 wheels to match (the non dark agent ones). I was originally going in to buy the zf, but i couldnt resist the manual during the test drive :twisted: But after being with noisey manual for the last year and a half, i would defiantly take the auto in a heart beat to not have to stress with the everyday traffic that is sydney (guess the grass is always greener on the other side....). Il definately hit up autobarn in Penrith when i get back from queensland in 2 weeks. I shouldnt have no problem shifting the hi tech exhaust on ebay but il try and find a GT one before removing it - Guessing that the rear diffuser was from ATG aswell?

Side note - quad pipe exhausts are pure sex and this will be the first mod il make to the GT system once i can find one.

2009 XR6 FG NITRO!
SS Hi-Tech Catback, BMC hi-flow panel filter, XR8 lower airbox, tints and F6 wheels.
MORE TO COME!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

just wait till ford brings out the new gt it has Quads i used to work for ford so i'l see if some 1 there can get you 1 the rear defuser i just cut out my self but you can get a GS 1 if you want the neater finish not worth $220 imo but.
i don't know if manuals are as efficent in power delivery as the zf though
have you had yours on the dyno? another little trick is to get a 82degree thermostat from auto barn make the car run a little cooler, have you gotten rid of your intake restrictor? and what oil do you run?

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

The neater Finish would be more what im after, but it wouldnt be the first priority - especially for 220.
Also good point about waiting for the new GT - the quad pipes would already be set up and good to bolt in - Mite just use the cat-back i got for now untill then.

With the ZF vs Manual thing im not sure what you mean by power delivery? From what iv heard, I dont think there is much difference through the drive train in terms of being on the dyno, but i do know that the zf is quicker in a straight line. (havent had mine on a dyno yet)

have read mixed things about the intake restrictor, untill i could get on some solid info i have left mine in but if it actually does help, i dont see a problem in removing it.

Thermostat is a no and will be on the list once i get back from holiday - as for oil, it has what ever ford put in there (i know this is bad, but i havent done that much work to the car to really warrant changing the oil - even tho it probably should have been done already). First thing i plan to do before any mod is get the gear box fluid changed to mainlube to try and elimate the damn noise that comes from it and to make the shifting a little smoother.

2009 XR6 FG NITRO!
MORE TO COME!

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

:mrgreen: well for starters don't let ford touch it with there s**t house oil they use buy some castrol edge sport 5w30 and do it your self with a genuine filter (im that over fords workmanship on my car im almost to the point of telling them to shove there warenty and fix it all my self) im a tradesman by the way all manuals are noisy i now work for mazda and there the same it's just how they are.

im looking into cams and maby a 3000 stally for the auto to crack 12's i will also throw on a better oil pump so i can feed a few more revs in can any 1 help me with zf stallys and cams for i6 twin cams? im thinking crow cams but i don't know about the stally

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford FG XR6

VIC, Australia

i done my stall on my 5speed. all regrets right there. just recent done the tail shaft knuckle costing me $1000 to fix. i dont recommend getting a big stall prob get a 2800 i got a 3800 way to big lol. thing cost me to much on petrol.

and for ford warranty that lasted bout 1month for me lol.

iv been looking for cams. think i found them at crow cams cant remember but it was $3000 for around 30rwkw.
if u do find someone cheaper and better let me know ill be straight there :twisted:

SIGNATURE REMOVED, size too large please read the guidlines

guidelines.php

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Apparently cam's isn't the go blue power told me to do 3.46:1 diff gears and a blue power intake then get it re-tuned im hoping for a 12's pass soon n/a :D

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford FG XR6

VIC, Australia

yeah my mechanic said same thing lol.

i did 3:46 lsd. with the stall and she spins like crazy. i was thinking of getting the blue power intake but for the price ill stick to the pod filter.

i still want to do the cams though. i wonna keep it n/a

SIGNATURE REMOVED, size too large please read the guidlines

guidelines.php

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon fg xr6 ute

QLD, Australia

hey as for cams i have been told to stay away from crow cams atm had a mate go throw a few sets. so he put some atomics in and they are fine i am gettin some for mine soon just working out the bigest set available, think it will be a stage 4 or 4.5 costing around 1500+ install and retune. unshore of hp gains but should be great

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

only a stage 4.5? what a bout a stage 9????

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

no idea about stage 9 as far as i know and from atomic website they do up to stage 5 to suit DOHC 6 Cylinder Engine, but with stage 4 and up it is sergested u run higher compresion but u can get away with stage 4 and 4.5 with standard but running on 98 oct im pre shore.

atomic webpage link: http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/camshafts.html

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

those cams are to suit boosted apps

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

true info is still corect just disregard the atomic page, sorry about that

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

tycron wrote:
yeah my mechanic said same thing lol.

i did 3:46 lsd. with the stall and she spins like crazy. i was thinking of getting the blue power intake but for the price ill stick to the pod filter.

i still want to do the cams though. i wonna keep it n/a

so whats the car like on the juice with the 3.46 diff gears? does it rev its head off on the free way? if 3.46 is to harsh i might go for 3.23 gears cause it's a nice ballance between launch and fuel econ i want to go the blue power intake but i already got the xr8 set up with K&N and i like the factory look, whats better the blue power the ss or the xr8? i was thinking of cutting another hole in the xr8 and fitting a k&n pod in the stnd air box some how but if it's not worth it i'l just buy the blue power 1

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 19  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next