Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: 150 at the wheels , 627 ft lb of torque
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
its all bull s**t if you ask me..
the early ed has a eb engine and the later ed has an ef engine with a log manifold and dizzy.. the std cams from eb to early el are all the same..
ford wouldnt change a cam profile for just one model..

Well, they did. An EA cam has 4 degrees more duration on the exhaust than an ED std cam....the lift is the same. Also, the timing is slightly different too.....this is all for the lowering of the NOx to pass emissions.
I am using an EA cam & cylinder head on my ED....and it makes 150 rwkw.

i was really only refering to the eb to el 4.0.
and yes your right, ea/eb1 3.9 cam is different, it was new and the first run on the e series, but from the 4.0 on the cams were the same untill late el. (its not like ford has said hmmm lets change the cam for a few thousand eds).. otherwise they would have had to spend a fair amount of money on r&d for a model that was about to end.. hence the reason why when the ran out of eb engines they started using ef engines in the ed's..

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:

i was really only refering to the eb to el 4.0.
and yes your right, ea/eb1 3.9 cam is different, it was new and the first run on the e series, but from the 4.0 on the cams were the same untill late el. (its not like ford has said hmmm lets change the cam for a few thousand eds).. otherwise they would have had to spend a fair amount of money on r&d for a model that was about to end.. hence the reason why when the ran out of eb engines they started using ef engines in the ed's..

Yep......a few years ago, I measured an ED XR6 cam, then measured an EF/EL std cam...they were the same, even the lift.....but the dowel was in a different place......the XR6 cam was retarded, verses the EF/EL std cam.....and on the cam where a casting number was, Ford/Tickford had ground off the "DA" and stamped it with "DT".....and painted the DT in red....same as the ED XR6 Valve springs.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FORD falcon eb 4.0

NSW, Australia

well its what my engine was read on the dyno.... but i never owned it at the time but im a engine killwatts guy i dont understand rwkw.... but once i find out that ill be right but i just want 2 know will it beat a hsv clubb sports or a eb v8 5litre but if any1 know the real enigne kilawatts let me know or inbox me thanks guys....

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FORD falcon eb 4.0

NSW, Australia

A good rule of thumb is a manual will lose 15-20% between the engine and the wheels, 20-25% for an automatic, toward the high end of the range with a high stall. It's rough, but gives a realistic idea.

For example, if you were losing 20% in the drivetrain, 80% of engine power is what you will measure at the treads. So, 150kw at the wheels divided by 80% (.80) gives 187.5kw at the flywheel.

The 627 ft-lb of torque at the wheels is a bit of a worry. That's about 850Nm - at least 1000Nm at the flywheel - the same as Mercedes twin-turbo V12 SL65 AMG. If you're getting that from an N/A EB 4.0, you'd better share your secret :D<<<< onest mate that is what it was read on the dyno when my mate owned it! but its went through 3 lsd diffs and 4 t5 gear boxs.... and it use 2 lift the left wheel of the ground.... but hit me up with a reply and ill tell u more about it and whats done 2 it then yea...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2