Fordmods Logo

300rw hp information 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

im thinkinf of proyays car its a ef/el xr6 turbo but id say its worth 20k EASY and id say it owns him 3 times that and no one critises him. and rightfully so every one to there own i want to do work to my car as well or sold i just a r34 skyline as its quicker and cheaper

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
You have spent 18k on your car. (thats all you will admit to)

Ill give you 6k tops and thats if you leave me $2k cash in the glove box. Noone else will pay anymore for it. We all know that

If you would have used your head and bought the XR Turbo for 25k, you would get a quicker and better car plus if you change your mind you will still get 22k all day long.

are you flabbergasted? thinking, s**t hes right.

Umm i dunno if your just plain dumb or did u miss "I am turboing my el because i love it and want to keep it and dont want an xr6 turbo like every tom d**k n harry around...... Some ppl like to work on their cars and get enjoyment out of it, the cost is a secondary factor to having a car i will be happy with in the end."

ie i really dont care how much i spend and am expecting to spend at least another 1.5-2k to get it all running, i dont want a xr6turbo i like my car.... Resale doesnt really matter cuz i dont want to sell it any time in the near future as i LIKE THE CAR and will keep it indefinatly just cuz a car is newer doesnt mean its nicer.........

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

i think proyay spent 100k on his. Am i right?

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I hear you, you like it and want to keep it so you are happy to spend up on it...

If people used the same theory as yours, there would be people on here with old XD Falcons that did em up in 1985 and intend on keeping them because they like em.

Trust me something new will come out better than the XR Turbo and we will all forget the e series and even the XR Turbo. Give it less than 5yrs and every tom d**k and harry as you describe with their xr turbos and whatever the new models are will laugh at the e series just like we laugh at the XD's today

What do you think about someone saying today "I got 200rwhp in a XD" You laugh as they are yesterdays heros and not in the hunt. This is what we will be thinking in a few years about the e-series. Please note for the record that I love the e-series but lets face the facts. I d say dont spend more than half what the cars worth on mods, you just lose out without even enjoying them as you will upgrade.

Lets reconvene in a few years to laugh at the 300rwhp question in an e-series. Noone will even be driving them anymore and you will be the only one. (and claiming 300rwhp)

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yea it wouldn't suprize me with the quility of every single aspect being 110%

he do it for loive not money.

i was offered a au2 xr6 for the same price as minewith less kms abouth the same condiion but i chose the ef xr6 as i like it better. not every thing comes down to money

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

the x series is without a doubt one of the most exciting this ever

think xp utes with 351 in them, Gt's, XY GTHO III, coupes the tuff sound of 351, there are some nice tuff xd,xe.xf's that would give any one a horn they are in class of there own whenb there was no replacement for displacement

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

same price....similar condition....lower km............AU2 VS EF???? ????

You have gotta be joking....

Where were you when I wanted to sell my car. Actually do you want to buy my car? Its an EL Ghia, great car, we both dont care too much about the money so we will make $15k. Ill polish it for ya.

Top car. Because its you, $15k. Take it for the love.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

When you walked into the car dealer to buy the EF XR6, the used car salesman would have looked through the window, watched you walk in, turned around to his peers, and said "there one born everyday"

He walked out with a big cheesy grin on his face and before you knew it you were driving away in an EF instead of an AU2.

"theres one born everyday"

Now your back for a turbo? Imagine what he will sell you next

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Well maybe u laugh @ xd's, personally one of the nicest cars ive ever driven is my mates xd and i rate it still as one of the nicer cars i see..... I dont care what power i get after i put my turbo on its more for driving pleasure than bragging rights.... And there is plenty of ppl with there xds they did up in 85 that keep them in their sheds n take them out for ford days n stuff because THEY LOVE THEIR CARS.........

The guy who has the efxr6 and i are 2 different ppl how about u look @ who u r replying to instead of telling him hes going back for a turbo......

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Who agrees with me??

Never ever spend more than half the value of your car on mods.

ie 6k EL Falcon, upper limit 3k. as no chance of getting more than 9k for the car regardless how much you spend.

25k XR Turbo, spend 5-10k (thats all thats ever needed), maybe you will even get some of that money back if you change your mind.

Do we have any one that considers money?? or just lemmings walking into the wall??

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Some of you guys need a good lesson.

Sometimes it doenst pay to spend ridiculous amounts of money on certain types of cars. The money is simply lost as noone will ever pay for it when you inevitably change your mind and sell it/upgrade.

I was getting a few mods done on my Commy, spending reasonable money considering the value of the car. Also in the workshop were other commys having superchargers installed etc. The workshop owner said to me, "they are as dumb as s**t" paying me 15k to put on the superchagers but they pay cash so ill do the mods.

The guy doing the mods is thinking about the money (not the love) but the bums putting on the superchargers arnt, instead they pay the mechanic 15k for calling them dumber than s**t.

Listen to me. Buy the XR Turbo forget blowing the E series.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

f**k off idiot and leave the guy alone.

Your advice is unwanted and uncalled for.

Its his money, he can do what he wan't, just as you can.

He's trying to do something different. At least hes not like every other Tom, d**k and f**k LS1 driver that just hands a cheque over to their mechanic for the same old basic mods as every other LS1 driver has!

Poor bloke is here to ask a simple question. His first post, and have already harassed him, for no real reason. Didn't answer his question whatsoever.

And chances are he may never post again after a retarded reception that you have just provided.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Well said Arm!
s**t i've spent what i paid for my car on modifications. I know it wont be worth anywhere near what i've spent on it, but its the feeling you get driving a nice car, and spending time on it, doing these modifications.
Have you ever had as many Holden drivers as Ford drivers comment on how nice your car looks... i'm guessing not.
Everyone has their creative outlets. I think the amount a smoker spends on ciggies a week is the amount its cost me to modify my car (over a few years).
So why don't you say something constructive to the guy who originally posted this thread.
P.S. I hope he comes across you one day and absolutely blows you off the road, even if you're in your new car that wont depreciate as much.
(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hahaha eb v8 you are an idiot. This is a ford modifications forum... what do you think people talk about here? hahaha

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

agreed well said arm, eb v8 ur f**k, get back into ur commy and f**k off to another forum!!

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next