Fordmods Logo

aftermarket inlet pipes 

Page 6 of 7 [ 94 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 95 EF GLi

VIC, Australia

I'm certianly interested in this group buy. Much cheaper that's for sure.

Is the piping heat coated? If not how much is it to buy?

1995 EF II Falcon GLi,
XR6 bodykit, 16" FTR Rims, Wade 1636 Cam, Pacemaker 4480 "Comp" extractors, Redback hi-flo cat, Redback 2.5" exhaust, AU XR8 tickford snorkel, King Springs Low rear/V8 SL front, Monroe GT Shocks, Kmac Camber/Castor Kit, Custom plates, Tinted windows. GUNMETAL MILITIA

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:54 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

So when are you gonna get some more pics up... what stage are you up to in the group buy...?

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

tickford_6 is organising the group buy, and will inform us when everything's official and we can sign up for the group buy so watch this space

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

can u make like a stainless steel tubing with a plastic tubing, slightly smaller then the stainless steel, inside the piping. run water between the two pipes to keep them cool? i know its a lot of effort but if u want to keep the piping cool thats all i can think off that would definitely keep it cool.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

phongus wrote:
can u make like a stainless steel tubing with a plastic tubing, slightly smaller then the stainless steel, inside the piping. run water between the two pipes to keep them cool? i know its a lot of effort but if u want to keep the piping cool thats all i can think off that would definitely keep it cool.

You'd be up s**t creak if it broke and got a huge amount of water in the intake suddenly!
Also think of the excess weight comapred to the gain.
And you'd have to have a circulating system - so the water gets pumped into a radiator or something to cool it down as if you just had the water sitting there it'd get hot too! So more extra weight for very little gain i would assume! It's not like the air going in has been through a hot turbine or anything!

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
phongus wrote:

You'd be up s**t creak if it broke and got a huge amount of water in the intake suddenly!
And you'd have to have a circulating system - so the water gets pumped into a radiator or something to cool it down as if you just had the water sitting there it'd get hot too! So more extra weight for very little gain i would assume! It's not like the air going in has been through a hot turbine or anything!

Yeh seriously phong, can you imagine the cost of possible setting something like that up to compared to the amount of gain you're going to get. Think most of us would invest in gains elsewhere for the cost. Nice idea, but just seems way too complex to justify it.

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
phongus wrote:

Yeh seriously phong, can you imagine the cost of possible setting something like that up to compared to the amount of gain you're going to get. Think most of us would invest in gains elsewhere for the cost. Nice idea, but just seems way too complex to justify it.

just an idea i thought but i know its pointless to do it. if i was to get the stainless steel piping id just wrap rubber around it so that the stainless dont absorb the heat from the engine

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6 5sp

NSW, Australia

Fibreglass heat wrap would be easier and very effective

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Any pictures or prices available yet?

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB falcon 5spd

SA, Australia

still waiting....

1993 EBII GLI, IT'S PERFORMANCE Stage 3 engine,
XH Snorkel, K+N panel, Pacie 4480, High flow cat,
2.5" Lukey cat back system. Monroe GT Gas shocks + struts.

just dyno'd at 140.9RWKW

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

I personally strongly suspect that there's a decent amount of performance to be had from idle to about 4000 or so rpm (ie. about where the BBM switches) by fitting up a dual Throttle system.

To do this with the actual TB would be very difficult but my idea was to have basically a Y piece of say, one 1.75 inch pipe and another of 2 inches both into a 3 inch section that attaches to the original TB - then you have a butterfly in the 2 inch pipe that is closed until opened in series with the BBM switching. Both those smaller pipes then run as mandrel bent units down to the airbox.

Those sizes for the smaller pipes I've basically pulled out of my a*** - it would possibly take some thought and/or maths and/or development to determine the optimum sizes.

Bottom line is to give the engine high velocity but not necessarily excess volume until it needs it - ie. I'm talking about the basic idea behind multiple throttle bodies (IMO the 4.0 bogs itself down with too much air too soon - is why it performs generally better if you feed the throttle in rather than just mash it).

Just a though anyway...

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

EBeast wrote:
still waiting....

Tickford_6 might not be able to actually get on this site for a while...

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

He said he should be back next week with pics.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

sorry guys. i was um kind of banned for a few weeks. but lets not get it to that...

been a bussy man these past few days. and the intake got put to the side on acount of my engine needing a rebuild, (burned 2L of oil in 1500km)
that was finnished tonight at about 10:30, all the parts for the first on are here and i'll get to to it wednesday next week. tuesday is putting my engine back in the car. and will have pic up by friday.

in the mean time i'll get some up of a few exhaust systems i've built this year. to give you idea of the quality work you will be getting.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: au2 forte

NSW, Australia

i want in on one of those mandrel intakes if a group buy goes ahead

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next