Fordmods Logo

ALTED XR6 GOT DYNO'D THIS MORNING (PICS) 

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Futura

VIC, Australia

so the alted cam???
is that the brand name
or u saying cam with diff specs from standard
if so
wat cam u puttin in?

Ba Futura. on gas. lowerd, 17 xr wheels tint, ipod n bluetooth. nothin to xciting. does the job and goes cheap.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

slimjim wrote:
so the alted cam???
is that the brand name
or u saying cam with diff specs from standard
if so
wat cam u puttin in?

sicne never taking the EF XR6 motor apart, (I will be today or tommorrow) I'll be running the ALTEDPERFORMANCE cam in it for the dyno on wednesday morning .

I'll find out then if this EF XF6 motor has a cam in already or not .

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

My opinion:

That dyno is reading rather high. The importance will lie in ensuring the same calibration is on the dyno the next time its run to get a percentage improvement.

Lets take two scenarios-

The motor is stock and putting out 115 accurate rwkw with all losses unmeasured and unadjusted for. The new cam gets put in and now we get (plucked out of thin air) 130rwkw. As this particular dyno is reading very high, the dyno will report a reading 30% higher than the real figure, in this case about 170rwkw on that dyno.

The other scenario is:

The motor is already a freak of nature, more balanced than a Trust T88-34G turbo and is giving out 150rwkw. Now this new cam is installed and it messes up the freakishly optimised (yeah yeah) configuration and the motor will achieve a lower power figure.

I'm interested to see the results.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The power curve is what counts.The more power on tap quicker is the best.

My bro with a bmw 330 ci wipes ba xr8s with 136 rwkws.His curve gives more down low..simple as that!!

If you guys can put together a package which can fatten the power curve ,you will be on a winner.

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

USELESS wrote:

My bro with a bmw 330 ci wipes ba xr8s with 136 rwkws.His curve gives more down low..simple as that!!

*Cough* "s**t*cough*

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

USELESS wrote:

If you guys can put together a package which can fatten the power curve ,you will be on a winner.

So I guess things like Mario's (exvitermini) R33 GT-R with a very narrow power curve due to a turbo so big that it inhales small children for breakfast, that does 9's, will get annihilated by your 330ci Bimmer?

Dont think so.

A far more accurate way to put it is a car with a wider power curve is much more pleasant to drive and you dont need to be in its sweet rev range to get maximum acceleration.

You're right on the money though with your thinking, a wider power band but a few kw less will be considerably quicker than a car with a narrower powerband and a few kw more.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:15 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA falcon

VIC, Australia

Yer 150rwkw is a bit much for only an exhaust mod. Either the engine's had other work done to it or the dyno's being generous. I have an EF XR6 motor in my car, and had it dynoed with pacemaker extractors, 3 inch exhaust (coz i was going forced, and shouldn't make a difference up top), Ported head, raised compression, ported manifold and wade 1004 114 cam and all i managed to make was 133rwkw. Granted the dyno that I used wasn't known for being generous and my cars an auto, that still doesn;t make your figure seem right.

Just pray that you do have mods your not aware of :P

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

have you run the car on the 1/4 before?

will you be running it after the cam goes in?

thats great power, should be doing a mid 14. what diff ratio and wheels are you running?

keep us posted

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU1 XR6 VCT

VIC, Australia

Shoot 8 mode on an I6.... hmmmmmmmmm.

Next time get them to run it in Shoot 6...like it should be.

AU XR6 VCT 14.57 @ 92.92mph.
Auto - NA - Unopened
Proudly tuned and prepared by G&D Performance Tuning - Get the Edge!

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Bozz wrote:
USELESS wrote:

So I guess things like Mario's (exvitermini) R33 GT-R with a very narrow power curve due to a turbo so big that it inhales small children for breakfast, that does 9's, will get annihilated by your 330ci Bimmer?

Dont think so.

A far more accurate way to put it is a car with a wider power curve is much more pleasant to drive and you dont need to be in its sweet rev range to get maximum acceleration.

You're right on the money though with your thinking, a wider power band but a few kw less will be considerably quicker than a car with a narrower powerband and a few kw more.

Couldnt agree more, you kind of have the right idea useless, but not quite. A fat power curve is nice thing to have in a daily driven street car (under normal driving conditions), but are a few rwkw less up tom for a few down low really going to change much? I launch my car 3500rpm when I race where I am putting aroud 110kw to the rears, After the launch, the car is driven in the 4000-5500 rev range. Any power below 3500 is not used in a race.

Unlike day to day driving, when you are driving hard you are only using a small part of the rev range, and that is the top end. The trick to making falcons (or any car) go hard is to make it go hard in a particular rev range then put the drive train behind it that will keep it there. In the case of manual falcons, you want to make as much power in the 3000-5500 rev range while keeping the bottom end at least stockish. Auto falcons, 2500-5000 and a stally to slip you there. The only way around it is to add more cubes or force some air into it.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Post subject: ALTED's XR6 dyno
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

IMO.... dyno reading are a good indication of an engines output, bear in mind that it was'nt his dyno & that he relide on someone else to do an honest run for him so what was recored was posted .... & all of you guy's know what is expected from a ''standard'' motor to something that had work done, as long it can be backed up with other proven measures then like everything else its worth looking at as well. Whether it's CMS, ALTED, ITS, JMM or who ever, it's up to you to do your reserch & work out what you want................

Thanks

Joe CMS

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

yobboford wrote:
have you run the car on the 1/4 before?

will you be running it after the cam goes in?

thats great power, should be doing a mid 14. what diff ratio and wheels are you running?

keep us posted

only on g-techs, down the 1/4, and yes it will be running again on wednesday with the alted cam in it. ..

im running a 3.08 LSD and 17" wheels .

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Bozz wrote:
USELESS wrote:

Dont think so.

Soz to hijack a bit .But an r33 gtr puts out massive power very early and sustains it due to the turbo.It will be very quick. However if a na car can match or better the power delivery it will beat the skyline.

Stockstandard ..you a re right the rev range on the street is different from track

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Nice dyno reading.
I will be interested in what it runs with the new cam in it.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

USELESS wrote:
Soz to hijack a bit .But an r33 gtr puts out massive power very early and sustains it due to the turbo.It will be very quick. However if a na car can match or better the power delivery it will beat the skyline.

Sorry to correct you but that is completely wrong.

An R33 GTR or GTS25t is gutless under about 2000-2500rpm. I'd dare say under 50kw.

Once the blower comes on is when the fun starts. A well sorted larger NA motor with a small amount of less power will always be more pleasant to drive day to day. May also be quicker.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next