Fordmods Logo

Au II Fuel problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Au II Fuel problem
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

I recently ran out of petrol (fuel gauge problem chaging over from gas) and now will nopt run on petrol, stalls and wont start on petrol (will run on gas) is there a trick to bleeding the system being fuel injection? does any body know thanks

Post subject: Re: Au II Fuel problem
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

No bleeding required. The fuel pump supplies fuel under pressure to the injectors if its running correctly. First of all make sure you have enough fuel in the tank (20 litres minimum) and then disconnect the fuel line running into your fuel rail ( rear of engine feft side). Get an assistant to hold a container under the fuel line you just disconnected and crank the engine. You should see a steady strong stream of fuel flowing into the container. If you haven't got any fuel flow then its one of 2 things. Either your fuel pump has died or it's not getting power. A lack of power could be a relay that is stuffed or your lpg/petrol changeover switch is not powering the relay/fuel pump.
You'll need a multimeter to do some voltage checks if this is the case. Check for 12v at the fuel pump in the boot (under cover) and then go from there.

As with all things fuel, check for fuel flow when your engine in stone cold or you risk an engine bay fire.

Good luck

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Thanks for the quick reply Oompa I forgot to mention that it is a ute havent found the pumpo yet I suppect it is hidden up on the tank some were the fuel lines are crimped on so I will look disconecting the filter although it is under the body

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

I'd say either the pump got a good dose of crap sent through blocking the impalla, or the filter took a fair bit.

get someone to set the car to ON and listen in the boot for the prime

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:41 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

Yes it is in the tank and as fiftyone said, get someone to listen for the noise of the pump at the tank. Pump failure is common but make sure its getting power if its not running. Plenty of people replace pump only to discover that they have no 12v at the pump. Not sure with the ute but you may not have the cover allowing access to the sender unit on the top of the tank. May have to drop it down to gain access. Need to confirm with an AU ute owner if any are reading this thread.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]