Fordmods Logo

BA XR6T questions, intake manifold, ICC, ECU Diff etc. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR6T questions, intake manifold, ICC, ECU Diff etc.
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi all,

I just bought a BA XR6T and I've some questions I was wondering if the Guru's could help me with.

1. Will a FG XR6T intake manifold fit on a BAXR6T ? I've head that ford made changes in the FG manifold that boosted output nicely and I can get one cheap. what about fuel rails and throttle body etc?
2. Exhaust... If I plan to power this up later, what exhaust should I go for? I was thinking about Twin 3 inch.. but that might be overkill? Is twin 2.5 inch big enough? or single 3" ? I can get a stainless 2.5 inch twin system for a great price, but 2.5 twin is only marginally bigger than the factory 2.4inch twin system so I don't know.
3. upgrades.. can a BF ECU and/or Premium ICC be fitted to a BA? I know the BA doesn't have independent VCT, but is that mechanical limit or a computer limit? Can the independent VCT from a BF engine be fitted to my BA XR6T? or will swapping all the harnesses and ECU be required?
4. Transmissions.. I am considering swapping to a T56.. there is one for sale cheap and I'm drooling.. is the pedal box easily converted to manual like in the EL or do I need to swap it out? would I be better off with a ZF as there is one that is cheaper than the T56 and I imagine that putting it in is much easier as the car is already an auto. IS the ZF controlled by the ECU as in the EL/BTR ? or is there a control module for the auto?
5. Diff... I've read that BA's need diff oil changes really regularly .. is this true and what is "really regularly".
6. What is driveline Shunt? I've heard BA's have it but I don't really understand what it is.

Can any of the BA/BF experianced gurus answer any of my queries? I had gotten to the point where I know the boxcars like the back of my hands.. now I have to start again with the B series.

many thanks

regards

Frank

Post subject: Re: BA XR6T questions, intake manifold, ICC, ECU Diff etc.
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Also would like to ask if 2 or 3 BLOS LPG carbies would work on an XR6T?

I have two brand new ones here and if they wont go on the XR6T I guess I'll have to put them on the EF wagon.

cheers

Frank

Post subject: Re: BA XR6T questions, intake manifold, ICC, ECU Diff etc.
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

never mind about the BLOS carby question.. I'm going to go all out with JTG liquid injection on the BAxr6T and I'll use the two BLOS carbies on the EF wagon.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]