Fordmods Logo

CMS 4.8 ltr i6 

Page 11 of 36 [ 538 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 36  Next

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
I was making no comment on the achievement of CMS, once again 13 seconds is not and never will be quick. Quick for a certain type of car maybe, but in the grand scheme of things not quick.

Yeah I agree, 13 seconds out of a falcon with a standard ecu is a great achievment, especially if Joe isn't running low diff gears etc.
Not many people are into the 13's in a falcon n/a but at the end of the day it is still fairly slow compared to what else is out there

i wish my v8 could run 13s

BANNED

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
Will 12.99 make you happy?

lol, I think people are missing the point, i'm not knocking the achievement here, i think its great.
All i'm doing is rebutting the statement that 13 seconds is a quick quarter mile time in any car.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

stop talking about this 13sec quarters and get the f**k back on topic!

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
Slick wrote:
Will 12.99 make you happy?

lol, I think people are missing the point, i'm not knocking the achievement here, i think its great.
All i'm doing is rebutting the statement that 13 seconds is a quick quarter mile time in any car.

i think you are missing the point mate, 13secs is quick for what this topic is about, its about Joes motor which you have totally gone off topic about. its a great achievement for an I6 N/A, in fact most 6cyl!!!

Joe looking forward to an update on the engine...

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
MooseMan wrote:
You sir are a wanker. Sorry but its true. 13s is quick for a car that wasn't just built for straight line speed. How many of those cheap quick cars can be filled up with at any bowser and drive around australia easily all whilst remaining EPA and RTA friendly?

s**t, 13's was quick in the 60's for a car that could be filled up at any bowser and driven right the way round the country.
and how did you come by that?? any 60's i6 under the 18 second's quater mile time for a road car was quick...

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
I was making no comment on the achievement of CMS or factory vs modded or the size of your wallet. All i'm saying is that 13 seconds isn't quick.

Now about the size of your wallet, there was a green torana running racerpro heads in street machine a while back that was built for $6000 including the price of the car and that run a 9.9 second quarter.

Theres also a Mitsubishi plumbers van that is street legal, $4000 worth of conversions running 10.83.

I know its not everyone's taste but you don't have to have $50,000 to run quick and once again 13 seconds is not and never will be quick. Quick for a certain type of car maybe, but in the grand scheme of things not quick.

I enjoy reading comments people post about price's of cars featured in street machine.

$6000 for this green torana. including the car.

i suppose this includes Labour... you know the HOURS spent by people to put things together piece by piece(as not everyone can do all the required mechanical work) not to mention the parts that you happen to have lying around in your shed that you didn't include in the $6000, like the 9inch 4.11 gear'd diff, shortened to fit in the torana. or the rebuild transmission that is able to handle the power that is needed from the engine to get the car into the 9's.

BUT still only cost me $6000.
(actual components used may vary) but you get the point.

Been a while since we have heard an update on the progress of this engine from Joe.
anyone got any news ?

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

13 seconds may not be quick, depends what your comparing it to. to a stocker 15 sec falcon, its quick, but not to a 500hp monster than runs 11s. Then again, a 7 sec outlaw car or 4 sec rail is quick, so that 11 sec car is now slow?

Doesnt matter how fast you are, someone will ALWAYS be faster. I'd be more than happy to put around in a 13sec 10k build taxi and toy with traffic light hero's in HSV's (although a modded one would still whip you but the car wouldnt have cost 10k then would it?)

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

MMD wrote:
Sprjenkins wrote:
I was making no comment on the achievement of CMS or factory vs modded or the size of your wallet. All i'm saying is that 13 seconds isn't quick.

Now about the size of your wallet, there was a green torana running racerpro heads in street machine a while back that was built for $6000 including the price of the car and that run a 9.9 second quarter.

Theres also a Mitsubishi plumbers van that is street legal, $4000 worth of conversions running 10.83.

I know its not everyone's taste but you don't have to have $50,000 to run quick and once again 13 seconds is not and never will be quick. Quick for a certain type of car maybe, but in the grand scheme of things not quick.

I enjoy reading comments people post about price's of cars featured in street machine.

$6000 for this green torana. including the car.

i suppose this includes Labour... you know the HOURS spent by people to put things together piece by piece(as not everyone can do all the required mechanical work) not to mention the parts that you happen to have lying around in your shed that you didn't include in the $6000, like the 9inch 4.11 gear'd diff, shortened to fit in the torana. or the rebuild transmission that is able to handle the power that is needed from the engine to get the car into the 9's.

BUT still only cost me $6000.
(actual components used may vary) but you get the point.

Been a while since we have heard an update on the progress of this engine from Joe.
anyone got any news ?

I agree with what you said ^^^^^^^^, yeah right, a $6000 dollar, 9 sec car. I helped build an XD sedan, It doesn't do a 13 sec pass, might go close, but it cost $37,000. There was a lot of free labour in that lot. The car took about 18 mths to do. Thats panel & paint, complete retrim interior & boot, new stereo & alarm with central locking & immobiliser, rebiult 351C, & C10 auto, & 9" lsd 3.25:1, 4 wheel disc brakes, the list goes on. It must run on PULP ( 95 RON), at least.
The guy that owns the XD has had it now for 17 yrs. The total rebiuld was done 4 yrs ago, and he drives it every day to work and back.
I wished it was mine.....lol

Any more news on Joe's 4.8 I6 donk?????? Hows the R&D going????

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
but in the grand scheme of things not quick.

Yeah I agree, 13 seconds out of a falcon with a standard ecu is a great achievment, especially if Joe isn't running low diff gears etc.
Not many people are into the 13's in a falcon n/a but at the end of the day it is still fairly slow compared to what else is out there

You gotta be s**t me right? Your comparing to an M3 (how much do they cost again?) a v8 torana (which weighs like 1100kg and is pre ADR meaning they dont have to worry about emissions and it a lot easier legally) and an L series. No s**t its not quick compared to whats out there (if your comparing to cars over $100k and v8 small cars), and if people here wanted to be quarter mile heroes they wouldn't be driving NA i6 falcons or a sedan that weighs over 1500kg...

Also this isn't the thread for you to be posting s**t like this in, either "trackside" or "off topic"...(hint some mod should delete all the posts regarding this including mine)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

any news/updates on the 4.8 engine yet?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: eb falcon

QLD, Australia

just wondering what the process will be once these engines are availible will they be made up as straghit swaps or do we give you our engine and you do it to them???

93 eb2, genie extcators,luckey exuast, 3" intake with k+n pod, pedders superlows, 17" chromies

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

Joe has been away from work enjoying a well earned break. He will be back after the 14th Jan

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
Sprjenkins wrote:
I was making no comment on the achievement of CMS, once again 13 seconds is not and never will be quick. Quick for a certain type of car maybe, but in the grand scheme of things not quick.

i wish my v8 could run 13s

Mine does.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Post subject: stroker
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

crap holidays not long enough, anyway I have updates for you & let you know whats going on when I'm back at work......

Joe

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA Falcon & G220 Lane

WA, Australia

great im getting intrested in this day by day

4.0lt Balanced Bottom End, ACL Race Internals, Rspec4 Cam, BPT Swichchip, PH4480, 2.5' Lukey, Scorcher Bodykit, T5 Manual
237RWHP

frd906 wrote:
LOLLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 36  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 36  Next