Fordmods Logo

CMS 4.8 ltr i6 

Page 31 of 36 [ 538 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: CMS 4.8 ltr i6
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
ring joe at cms and ask him....

from what ive heard the 4.8 might be reduced to 4.5 ltr to help with affordability or crank manifacturing or something allong those lines??

thats right with the 4.8ltr the funds arnt available as yet, but we are currently building two, 4.5 ltrs for some guys these engines will be ready to go soon & once run in dyno figurs will be provided.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Any rough idea of what these will cost? I have a bit of cash at the moment, and am deciding whether to wait and get one of these, or throwing the $$$ at my other car

Cheers
Chris

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: DF LTD

WA, Australia

im keen on this too. reading through and i like the idea of a donation for progress.
any updates?

DF LTD 4L

Pacemaker Extractors, BA cat, 2.5" Lukey single muffler sports exhaust
K&N panel filter, custom 3" piping
Factory 3.23 LSD
5 Spd Conversion, EA Box, shortened shifter, heavy duty clutch.
Lowered with Pedders
J3 Chip on the go..

Post subject: Re: 4.8 stroker
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EF, Magna, R33 skyline

AUXR8 2 wrote:
ok everything has come to a stop atm due to running out of funds for this project, I need to get 2 sets of cranks made & a set of rods to finnish it of which will roughly be around 10k then once this combo is done then I can ship the cranks O/S for mass production which will then be more affordable to purchace these engines, the rods will be made so that you can run forced induction, you just have to specify if its for N/A or forced, ''this is to give you the right comp ratio'' at this stage to have a one off made crank the cost of the engine will be out of the avage persons price range, thats why the cranks need to go O/S.
The one that up & running is a later block & these cranks are hollow but with all the maching involved I dont trust it especially when boost will be apllied, this is why I need to make these new cranks obviasly when they come back they will all be a tested thoughly.....so this is where I am !!

2 options avaliable.......
wait for me to get cashed up, this is still after we move premisis... or
investors needed to keep going ???
this is a one of a kind project that I've had heaps of support from you guys.... E series & AU owners have been pushed aside with all of the go fast bits going to the B series guys (& I dont have anything against them) its just call better technoligy or progress eg: twin cam head, dual vct & edits

so your comments good or bad will be apreciated

thanks

Joe

well Joe I have looked into this a bit and can only come up with this combo... the 4.8L crank out off an F100 or a Canadian truck motor with them rods with EA pistons...... I can't think of any other combos but could you tell me if I'm in the right ball park????? and have you got any power figures or pricing....... Thanks mate Charlie

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

sorry guy's havent had a chance to reply to all of the emails that are probably pilling up but telstra still havent got my phone lines sorted out f***k wits...!! due to the move, but with the stroker yes I looked at the 300 cube crank way to much maching involved in the blocks, the 4.8ltr will work out easlier with the right crank /rod combo when the funds are available, but with the 4.5 ltr all of the parts that I require are basicly off the shelf, 2 are in progress just waiting for more funds to continue.....due to the workshop relocation things are going a bit slow but that will get sorted out soon.

thanks

Joe

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

any news on this joe,i would be interested in the amount of power the motors would be putting out

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok, I have 3x 4.5ltrs in progress one will be finished in 2 weeks & the others are pending payment for further progress..... the 4.8 ltrs are on hold due to lack of funds as when I relocated the workshop I used more $$ than expected, as with the 4.8, these motors will have custom made cranks & rods & yes they will be good for boosted aplication.......

I will have a final figure for the 4.5 by the end of this week.........also these engines will only be sold as a long motor..... no kit...... & no sub assembely...... they will all have a min of a stage 3 head & either a stage 3 cam or a 2a if its a auto, I build it I warrant it
The 4.5ltr will be 9:8:1 comp & tunning would be recomened either with a j3..... SCT switch chip or a piggy back of some sort to get the best out of it...
as for the test mule its still running around but due to having s/hand auto's fitted dyno testing wasn't acurate

thanks

Joe

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

How will you go will freight being almost a complete motor?

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
How will you go will freight being almost a complete motor?

I sent an engine to perth aprox 3 weeks ago & it weighed around 190kg I made a create for it & the owner had organised the transport, it was fairly cheap compaired to some of the other freight companies I think is was $250 ish......... I can ask who he used to make sure.....so in shipping these engine it will not be a problem.

Joe

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AUXR8 2 wrote:
but with the 4.5 ltr all of the parts that I require are basicly off the shelf,

does this mean the 4.5 is purely over sized pistons? or is there a stroke increase in there too?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Higher comp pistons at extra charge???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the 4.5 is stroked but not to extent of the 4.8....... as for the 4.5 I do not recomend that this engine be forced inducted.......

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Higher comp pistons at extra charge???

how much higher do you want ??

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

this has been going on a long time are we actually going to seen a drivable 4.8 in the near future or have you settled to 4.5

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

In the mid 10z

Also would it be happy with some laughing gas??? as the engine would go into a family friend cortina

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bradley4567 wrote:
this has been going on a long time are we actually going to seen a drivable 4.8 in the near future or have you settled to 4.5

the 4.8 will happen....the 4.5 is something that I can do with of the shelf parts

Sort by  
 Page 31 of 36  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next