Fordmods Logo

cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au 

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

for anyone interested i found dansedgli on boostedfalcon talking about jim mock performance doing brand new heads and porting them out by machine now, and i had a look on their facebook profile and found what hes talking about
now for the money hes asking for them im sure no body on here is really that keen but i thought id post the article up here for conversation sake at the least

Quote:
Previously all Jim Mock Motorsport DEV5 and DEV6 Heads were hand ported. This is a time consuming practice and can lead to some performance discrepancies. So what we have done is taken some of our most proven heads, flowed them and digitized them and improved them even further. This new line of CNC Ported cylinder heads offers superior flow and power for nearly any application.

These heads will be available in a few different combinations to suit different budgets and performance levels. There will be different levels to valves to choose, from std style valves to full race stainless for HP turbos and high compression race engines.

The cylinder heads we be available in both early style large valve stems and the late model AU style with thin stem light weight valves. This means you can use your performance cam and parts you already may have.

The flow figures at 28" of vacuum for these heads is 290cfm at .600 lift and 280cfm at .500 lift which is spectacular.

With better flow figures at low lift than the old hand ported heads, they offer excellent torque and HUGE power potential right out of the box.

Each head is made from a brand new core which means your are getting a brand new unused head.

The cost of the Dev 5 CNC cylinder head Bare is $2375

The Cost of the Dev5 CNC Cylinder head assembled with JMM valve springs, retainers and valves is $2850 for the street version. This has Black tuftrided valves suitable for street and mild boost applications.

Currently JMM Will not be offering a cylinder head change over scheme for the CNC Ported product.

Jim Mock Motorsport will still offer the Street fighter style head (DEV4) which is a Mildly ported unit for a wide range of purposes. They are a great all round cylinder head and one of our most popular items.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Last edited by bry40l on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

for any body interested in pictures i cbf posting them up here so ill just post the facebook link, not sure if they have a website but you need to be logged into facebook to see the bling bling heads :D
http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/jim-mock-motorpsort/jim-mock-motorsport-cnc-ported-cylinder-heads-for-ea-to-au-model-ford-falcons/295892477106009

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

double post :|

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

Looks pretty shmick. But why spend that sort of dosh when a snort turbo kit is only a grand more?

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats true but if your chasing huge power you will need a ported head for n/a power or even if your looking into very high numbers for the turbo route and lets face it when your chasing big power its going to be expensive

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

well this will be where someone just has an absurd amount of money, people do it.
Mate of mine is getting just over 400 rear ponies out of his turbo 6 and he didnt even touch the head, he threw fair bit of cash at the rotating bits though.

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

If you go back through some of papa_smurfs threads a replacement standard head from fraud would cost more than that I think.

Ah, technology. Now we just have to wait for someone to jack the cam file and sell it for a reasonable price....

Machining, even nc machining is the easy bit when it comes to good performance. Knowing what to machine is the art.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

These are my two posts on the topic from boostedfalcon.

brad_m wrote:
Looking at the intake port, I don't doubt flow. 290 is really going to be the very upper limits of the stock sized 47mm intake valve.
From the positioning of the 45 cut in the intakes it looks to me to still be a 47mm valve.
The size of the port also reflects my own findings regarding port size and flow.
On the whole, I like the look of them. I just don't like the price, But it'll stay like that until some one els starts selling CNC ported head for the I6.

If it is using a 49mm or 50mm intake valve i'll start getting excited when flow at 600" is over 300cfm@28"h2o.

brad_m wrote:
Did some looking, you can buy from a number of places NEW AU heads for $665 retail price.
That roughly $1700 JUST for the cnc work.

You can get V8 heads done cheaper then that and the cnc operator has to setup to heads. I6 is HALF the setup time and less wear on the machine with 4 less ports to do.

PAVTEK PORTING ONLY on a PAIR of cast iron clevo heads is only $1012

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Speaking of Pavtek I wonder if given a head they could come up with CNC program. I remember reading somewhere that kostecki in wa do CNC porting but it could be a load of s**t.

I do have access to a coordinate measuring machine but the software is rather limited and would take me forever to digitise a head.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There are a few ppl that can do the CNC work!!!

I posted my oppinion on his price and ppl on boosted justified JMM pricing...

Anyway for that much money it dosent even have CNC cambers :shock:

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

i had the head ported on my old datsun for $50 per port just the other week and it wasnt done by hand

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cozza88 wrote:
i had the head ported on my old datsun for $50 per port just the other week and it wasnt done by hand

how was it done then

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

jim mocks prices are always something crazy.take a look at the prices on his engine packages.120rwkw is something like 2grand.its stupid.what does he use?? machines that are made out of gold?

i cant justify getting 160rwkw for nearly 5grand at jmm and a snort kit is down to $3000-3500 i seen some where and that would be pushing more then 200 at the wheels

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
jim mocks prices are always something crazy.take a look at the prices on his engine packages.120rwkw is something like 2grand.its stupid.what does he use?? machines that are made out of gold?

i cant justify getting 160rwkw for nearly 5grand at jmm and a snort kit is down to $3000-3500 i seen some where and that would be pushing more then 200 at the wheels

snorts kits dont include the fuel system or tuning or labour for anything you cant do yourself like the exhaust cooler pipes etc so your looking at 5000 or more once youve fitted the kit and its fully tuned and running,

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
wild-el wrote:

snorts kits dont include the fuel system or tuning or labour for anything you cant do yourself like the exhaust cooler pipes etc so your looking at 5000 or more once youve fitted the kit and its fully tuned and running,

yeah but at least you have boost for that amount of money.i just think they are way over priced seriously

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next