Fordmods Logo

Coil bind in custom head 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Coil bind in custom head
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

40 thou is way to much, you would be lucky if the chain tensioner was working at all, 10 thou is all that should be required unless the head is warped, i would advise revising your driving style.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ford falcon el xr6

NSW, Australia

It looks standard with a big t on the front for tickford same as the shaved one and a standard one the only difference i found from el to ef was less guides for the rocker gear to sit on the head and u said from 98 hybrid heads were fitted and its 96 and it was original head so it's not one then

boosted El xr6, 3 inch exhaust, machined ba 17s, super low king springs,koni shocks, custom regring by wade cams, 5 spd manual, xtreme heavy duty clutch and now much more

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Well could a stuck lifter have caused this as I was driving all day with them stuck tRyna free them up as suggested by dodgy mechanic. Lifter tore out of side rocker gear ????? Engine was still running ok no bangs except lifters ??

boosted El xr6, 3 inch exhaust, machined ba 17s, super low king springs,koni shocks, custom regring by wade cams, 5 spd manual, xtreme heavy duty clutch and now much more

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

If one isn't careful when installing the rocker gear, the rockers can be busted out at where the locating dowels are.....seen this before....more than once.....and NO, I haven't done that.....I'm too careful.
Buzzin them (rocker assembly bolts) down with an air ratchet doesn't help the cause either.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

No lifter tore out of the end when I pulled them off they were hanging out the side actual rocker arm and gear is fine except the front of the sleeve were the lifter sits inside

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Arrrggg just need to know what to do scrap is looking good at this point neone near nambucca heads that wants a cashy that can have a look and see what's going on and help me get it running

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

just get a complete 2nd hand head, it sounds like the hla has slipped off the side of the valve, bugger me how that would happen, and always use a hand ratchet to bolt them down

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

found out need to run metal spacer gasket and couldn't be f'd so got second hand head and turbo kit bolt on mods from now on so for sale is the ported head Nambucca heads area as is few dints in valve cover from piston valves still perfect comes with cam aswell $500

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

bam1992 wrote:
Well could a stuck lifter have caused this as I was driving all day with them stuck tRyna free them up as suggested by dodgy mechanic. Lifter tore out of side rocker gear ????? Engine was still running ok no bangs except lifters ??

1. Until you know enough about engines you really need to just turn the WHOLE job over to a decent mechanic - only drive the car once it's given back to you ready to turn the key and drive.

2. One lifter stuck or all / lots of them? - it almost sounds like either an oil supply issue or maybe even were the shims left out of the rocker arms or all / some fitted upside down?...

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

no have done everything myself and will continue from now on as have spent thousands on mechanics and it lasts a week did the head myself this time and have flogged the $%$ out of it and still perfect nambucca mechanics dont care about your car they just want the money i got a turbo sump fitted and the dodgy f^%#ers fiberglassed over a hole instead of tapping it and it still leaked aswell so i fixed it myself wont trust anyone with my car again. once bitten twice shy third time diy and it might get done proply its easy as long as your clean and put it together using the manual :P

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

Ah, ok I get where you're at now...

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3