Fordmods Logo

Confused obout EL eec pinouts 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Confused obout EL eec pinouts
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

This is my first post and my first FORD hoping someone can help me. I'm a bit confused about the eec pinouts. My XH ute is stuck in 3rd and I want to carry out the self test to check the eec diagnostic codes. The diagnostics doc reads
Connect engine STI input to ground (first pin from the left upper row), looking at the pic in the pinout doc this is pin 20 which the pinout doc states is ground, the pinout doc states that pin 48 is the STI pin. Pin 48 is nowhere near the upper left row. The same confusion exists with the STO pin. Which one is correct the diagnostics doc or the pinout diagram ? I don't want to short anything to ground until I'm sure that I have the right pins, shorting the wrong pin to ground could prove expensive

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:38 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Sound slike you're looking at the ECU itself.

The docoument is talking about the diagnostics connector, which is teh big white thing in the interior fuse box. Next to you're right knee when sitting in the drivers seat (assuming the XH has the same layout as an EF/EL).

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Thanks for the reply, you're dead right, I assumed it was the ecu cos the doc starts off explaining how to get to the ecu. I cleaned two of the connectors on the passenger side of the trans, a smaller white one with 4 wires had corrosion and dirt in it, trans now shifts normally on petrol but drops into lhm as soon as I switch (or start) on gas. I've got a GASTEC gas controller and an APEXUS petrol start unit. I don't know the history of the ute, it may have been like this since the gas system was installed in '99. I downloaded the GASTEC instructions but I'll need to phone APEXUS as my model unit is not listed on their web site. I'll need to check that everything is wired correctly first. BTW its great to see such a friendly helpful forum, keep up the good work.

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:20 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I could only imagine the auto going into LHM, if the ECU wasn't getting a tacho and speed signal (in addition to those to/from the trans itself).

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]