Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Custom intake manifold idea
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
haha no such luck, its a manual VCT... but yeah, im thinking that a cam and tune might be the best way to go... super rough guess on how much a cam, ecu, chip, tune would set me back?
though im also thinking that before i get to that stage... maybe just go all handling/appearance till i get out onto my opens... then a nice supercharger package from raptor.

im regularly up in gympie, do you remember the name of the place that he works out of there? Still called TI Performace or not?

Good option.

TI Performance are the guys who make the J3 chips and I believe the guy behind it all is a member on here. http://www.tiperformance.com.au/index.php

If you look on the website under Dealers & Tuners you'll see GMRC in Gympie listed is the closest.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

cheers mate, thanks for that...

and yeah i thought it was a good option, though now with this new information (vct and cams)... i might get a standard AU 6 engine and build it up as a shed project, while i just keep racking up the km's on the vct engine...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Definately a good idea. I have a 6 month holiday from driving my car likely starting next week so it's engine will be getting the same treatment.

Just fyi as not sure if it has been mentioned, I believe if you change cams on an AU the ecu has a dummy spit hence needing the j3 chip. I had an e series before and it ran fine (albeit a bit rich) with a cam change on stock tune...I think it is to do with AU ecu's not loving changes in vacuum?

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah i have heard that AU ECU's are a bit temperamental, but thats alright thanks for letting me know about the J3 chip... saved me a lot of effort looking around to find something like that lol

just noticed you live in brisbane, do you know of any good car events/meets/etc that are around brisbane?

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I think Harrys diner on Thursday nights still happen? Not too sure as I went once when 18 and realised that 99% of the people who go wouldn't know the difference between a valve and coil spring (suspension coil). Plus the fact half the cars there were perfect examples of the reason anyone driving a modified car gets harrassed by police with proud owners p****d me off. Not really my scene.

In saying that there were a few nice older cars when I went.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

theres a few different car meets that go on in queensland, mostly C**k heads getting out smokin it up and racing from what i hear, i have a mate whose into imports who goes out and smokes it up every night he can :roll:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah everything that i know of is either exotic's or heaps of tossers with gtr's/lancer's/rex's... both are amusing, but not really what i want to see and learn about...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

If you wanna learn read books and very selectively read forums lol. People who really know what they are talking about rarely venture into the cruising scene.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

know any good books i can read then? and yeah i know what you mean about the forums lol
i am just about to finish my first year as an apprentice fitter and turner, and before my apprenticeship is over i really want to get a position in an engine reconditioning/automotive engineering workshop to further my knowledge (which i might add, is very limited). but yeah i guess what im saying is... im broke (therefore cant really just go buy an engine and play with it), but im KEEN to learn...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Great book but be prepared to read a few times before getting half an idea what is going on.

Not any other ones I an specifically remember as stand out, there was a good book on handling but can't for the life of me remember it's name.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers, will have to see what I can track down...
Still have Togo talk to someone that does tuning to fully explain to me how a good cam and a VCT isn't better than a good cam and no VCT. But cheers for the book suggestion..

"08 XR6T Ute

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3