Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

sounds like an awesome project... keep us posted

Post subject: slowly but surely
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi guys

slowly but surely its happening sorry for the lengthy delay have be bissy at work

just lowered the motor AU inline 6 into my EA falcon sedan
i know its no big task but hey its my little project

engine mounts and mounting brackets are EA falcon ones straight forward bolt on bolt off from one engine to the other :wink: nice and easy

The big alloy sump on the AU motor is huge as compared to a tin stamping EA one.

there is heaps of clearance around the main front crossmember and the rack/pinion so thats no issue

where as the front square tubing 26mm by 26mm member is just touching the sump

several ways of doing this and the easiest is just grind the sump for clearance

i will actaully cut the member and make it removeable to aid in future engine removes for a bit more clearance

here are some pictures and will post a few more once i hacve finished the front crossmember

as for the rear gearbox crossmember havent made anything ther cause i havent finished the transmission adaptor yet :wink: a bit more work involved than what i thought but its happening

:wink: cya

Attachments:
DSC02576_m.JPG
DSC02576_m.JPG [ 23.33 KiB | Viewed 115 times ]
DSC02561_m.JPG
DSC02561_m.JPG [ 29.52 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]
DSC02535_m.JPG
DSC02535_m.JPG [ 41.23 KiB | Viewed 130 times ]

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

sound like a good project. in about 1 year i will be doing the same with my el. but using a au1 motor because i want to avoid using vct due to tuning resons

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Post subject: MORE WORK IN URS
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fritzz wrote:
sound like a good project. in about 1 year i will be doing the same with my el. but using a au1 motor because i want to avoid using vct due to tuning resons

TY :oops:

Hi there is more work in doing the same thing to a EL cause the El subframe huggs the engine and involves cutting a fair chunk of metal on ur type of vehicle

You will have fun when the time comes to doing it

Was give a document by a friend showing how someone out there did theres

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hay FPV_GTp, any updates?

Post subject: sorry yes
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fritzz wrote:
hay FPV_GTp, any updates?

hi

sorry been bissy at work , have more updates and will post pics this week

slight change of plans am doing a twin turbo AU motor with all the parts i have lying around the workshop which will still make inpressive horsepower figures for what it consists of

ie homemade exhaust manifolds

homemade intake manifold plumbed with 12 injectors bellmouth runners with twin throttle bodys

intercooler is a real zippy :wink: thing in planning stage but will be interesting to see how it works wont say anymore here

Engine managment is going to be controlled by a WOlf3D V4 PLUS

nine inch differential is real trick looking and its sister diff is also even tricker for drag application ( swap around when needed to be used )

transmission adaptor is still beening made by me also :wink: and still using a Ford C10 but have been in constant talks with a reliable source that thinks a BRT 4 speed auto with the right components could be a real interesting concept with a aftermarket transmission controller imagine a overdrive with 4.11:1 gear ratio, ideal driver on the highway cruises but a really strong box to handle the power ( just in thought stage :wink: :idea: :?: )

N2O laughing gas mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm running out of room on the inlet manifold :wink:

bought another AU motor arrives on monday will set about making engine mounts and brackets to fit it upto a engine dyno

waiting for some O-ring cutters and cylinder head pocket maching tools to arrive from a tool maker in sydney keep u posted

and

still trying to sources a BA engine to do the heavy mods ( ie steel rods , customer turbo pistons and a huge 1100hp flowing garret turbo etc ) which i will slot into my EA falcon and later next year transplant into a BA sedan

cya

ps : will post more pics as i go along

here are some pics of large ford 31 spline axles there flanges measure 7 inches in diametere as compared to E series falcons measure 6 inches so alot of turning in the lathe i had to turn the diameters down also first as the flange wouldnt fit into my 20 tonne press to press the bearings and collers of still further maching required of the axles this is just a roughing up stage as u can see also the PCD stud patterns are different 5 inch PCD as compared to E-series falcon 4.5 PCD and the existing holes had to be plugged up and faces machined in the lathe some of the axles have extreme runout in the shaft sections indicating theres more material in different sections on the shaft hate to thing how much of a wobble there is on the F series trucks but then again there slow moving trucks LOL who would notice when the whole vehicle shakes and rattles LOL :wink: , bearing diameters are another issue all together and offsets also
axles has to be shortened also to the correct lenghts and new spline cut on the milling machine

Attachments:
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_4.JPG
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_4.JPG [ 35.1 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_5.JPG
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_5.JPG [ 50.99 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_1.JPG
EA_NINEINCH31splineaxle_1.JPG [ 47.25 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

NSW, Australia

Why 12 injectors??

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

aws sounds good carnt wait to see the results. i personly dont think there in any need for 12 injecters, but if ur planing to run any more than 27psi and 1200hp it may be needed. nizpro only runs 6

Post subject: yes ur right
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fritzz wrote:
aws sounds good carnt wait to see the results. i personly dont think there in any need for 12 injecters, but if ur planing to run any more than 27psi and 1200hp it may be needed. nizpro only runs 6

hi

yes ur right nizpro use 6 injectors have u seen nizpros price tags u need open cheque account to enter his door

the price of high flo injectors is anything between 200 upto 400 dollars a injector depending which brand and flow rates. im trying to do something on the cheap and utilize what i have around the workshop still should work to fuel the engine the correct air/fuel ratio thats why 12 injectors ( cause there standard items ) lets see what happens

i'm expecting anything between 500 to 600 BHp without the N2O :wink:

where once i have located a BA 6 cylinder engine i will run 6 highflo injectors and a engine managment system that supports sequential.

cya

ps

From reece australia u can buy stainless steel mandrel bent tube and also steam pipe mandrel bent sections at varies sizes not cheap from reeces they seems to adopt a policy ur not a plumber so charge u full recommendered retail . i went in there 3 times and three time have been charged different prices for the same product its amazing PMSFL :wink: and when i inform them do u think they give a FS no :wink: since this epersode i have found another source for the tubing LOL

the pics just show early stages of the exhaust manifolds that i modified will post more as i go along im doing a twin turbo but dont see any reason why a single turbo application couldnt be used by using the ford cast steel manifolds will do one also just to see what happens with a garrete TO4 shortly

im using two back sections of the E-series cast iron manifolds been inform the manifolds are cast steel which seems to weld well by mig_welder ( no cracks after welding ) also have tried with stick welder castcraft 100 rods ( 99.9 % nickle ) which are extremely expensive welding rods keep u posted .

Just trying to see what parts can be utilized to make a turbo DIY kit for some people that are on a budget in this forum , my belief is that if one has access to some tools one could make there own kit for between $ 1000 to $ 2000 using secondhand bits and pieces and possible squeeze a intercooler in there also . will post all the sources from where all the materials are derived from at the end of the thread

Yes will explore the Tubular type turbo headers also have heaps of time to expereminent and see the out come :wink: :idea:

Attachments:
EA_manifold_1.JPG
EA_manifold_1.JPG [ 53.21 KiB | Viewed 155 times ]
EAtwinturbo_3.JPG
EAtwinturbo_3.JPG [ 50.95 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]
EAtwinturbo_1.JPG
EAtwinturbo_1.JPG [ 51.92 KiB | Viewed 130 times ]

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

NSW, Australia

Looks like your gonna weld J pipes onto those manifold sections ( ? ) Should work very well as its kind of what i did and mine is working fine and producing the numbers.

12 stock injectors may still be too small. 190cc each x 2, you really need over 450cc each... might max at 200 to 250wkws

Post subject: hi
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Looks like your gonna weld J pipes onto those manifold sections ( ? ) Should work very well as its kind of what i did and mine is working fine and producing the numbers.

12 stock injectors may still be too small. 190cc each x 2, you really need over 450cc each... might max at 200 to 250wkws

yes ur right on standard will not diliver the goods but have heaps of other injectors lying around the workshop :wink: will see what happens these will flow alot more than falcon ones

yes am welding onto exsisting ford cast steel manifolds and using a few turbos that i have here also

will explore on turbo headers later on , i did look at ur thread chef nice job u did but im using a different approach and will do a single TO4 with the twin manifolds modified also on another falcon i have .

my opnion the exhaust gas will flow nicely this way without any collsions with front to rear cylinders

slighty messy in the engine bay with the twin setup but hey whos after looks

keep u posted

cya

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Subscribing to thread.. looks to be a very interesting project.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
Subscribing to thread.. looks to be a very interesting project.

Cheers

:wink: :roll: :twisted: :P :? :D COSTYA

kidding LOL

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA II Fairmont Ghia S

SA, Australia

Has Anyone thought of purchasing the Twin Turbo Manifold and plumbing from a TOYOTA Soarer (2JZ-GTE) and modify the manifold to bolt up to the Ford 6.

I will be attempting this in the near future. i think it will give a good look (factory with an EF Airbox).

Slightly Larger Turbos on the Soarers Manifold Should be OK for the Ford 6.

Attachments:
2439_2mg.jpg
2439_2mg.jpg [ 84.02 KiB | Viewed 129 times ]

Post subject: good idea
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EACRUISER wrote:
Has Anyone thought of purchasing the Twin Turbo Manifold and plumbing from a TOYOTA Soarer (2JZ-GTE) and modify the manifold to bolt up to the Ford 6.

I will be attempting this in the near future. i think it will give a good look (factory with an EF Airbox).

Slightly Larger Turbos on the Soarers Manifold Should be OK for the Ford 6.

hi

thats a good idea :idea: post a few more pics once u have started would be interesting to see how it works out

what turbos are on the toyota soarer
brand ? and size ?

cya

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next