Fordmods Logo

EF Falcon dash (!) icon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

aww yer sounds good will have to visit wreckers this weekend

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

hey my el is/was doing the same with the brakes and the warning light,drove it for a week 100kms a day and the rear brake line blew between tha calipper . now i have virtually no brakes and a abs warning light to boot,my engine also got a flat spot .i dont see how the flat spot could b connected cause the brakes run seperate to the other systems dont they??
i also checked the resivoir and the rubber seal thingy seams to be warped ie doesnt fit in properly.
i would be taking your car to mech to check for any leaks cause you dont want brake fluid spraying on yer tyres while driving /cornering could b disasterous

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

Busso wrote:
aww yer sounds good will have to visit wreckers this weekend

they're not expensive new, better off to just get a new one

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

mystro wrote:
.i dont see how the flat spot could b connected cause the brakes run seperate to the other systems dont they??

The booster (makes pressing the pedal easier) runs on vacuum from the inlet manifold.

I am not sure yet why apparently I developed the flat spot after the master cylinder change. I suspect is something to do with the vacuum thing, though it doesn’t seem to be making sense (unless something was damaged during the master cylinder installation).

Regards,
Lyle

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

okay Leroy, i'll pay a visit to coventrys then for a new one lol

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

It appears I solved my issue.

I found the pipe between the air box and the inlet manifold was disconnected (hence air was being not being drawn through the air filter which would have relatively a large amount of resistance, which creates increased inlet manifold vacuum).

I reconnected it and the spot appears to have gone away.

My theory is there was not sufficient vacuum to keep the fuel regulator (works of inlet manifold vacuum) happy and hence the flat spot due to fuel starvation, presumably.

I am not sure still how this issue coincided with the brake master cylinder replacement (the brake mechanics shouldn’t have been in that area). The leaking master cylinder they replaced, should have only increased available vacuum (instead of leaking though the leak).

I had the head lamp replaced on that side (after being in a dingle) and I suspect they removed the air box / hose and never got around to reattaching it (along with my horn, also..).

Though it still doesn’t all appear to make logical sense.

Time will tell if it is fixed (assuming the problem does not reappear).

Regards,
Lyle

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

lylebrown00 wrote:
mystro wrote:
.i dont see how the flat spot could b connected cause the brakes run seperate to the other systems dont they??

The booster (makes pressing the pedal easier) runs on vacuum from the inlet manifold.

I am not sure yet why apparently I developed the flat spot after the master cylinder change. I suspect is something to do with the vacuum thing, though it doesn’t seem to be making sense (unless something was damaged during the master cylinder installation).

Regards,
Lyle
your exactly right my master cylinder was effd now its replaced no flat spot

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2