Ef falcon won't rev past 3500rpm 

Page 3 of 6 [ 90 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Ef falcon won't rev past 3500rpm
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia

NSW, Australia

fal98con wrote:
It's a manual mate so I really doubt it?? What were you thinking transmission side?? Perhaps you know something i don't??

Oh, manual? Sorry, haven't read the thread. Not too sure then. :c

4.0L Tickford six, 1645b E-series custom grind, MLS gasket, performance valve springs, 3" stainless intake, extractors, 2.5" Lukey, 100cpi hi-flow, T5 manual, J3 tune.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

What a head scratcher!

Have you checked that the fuel pressure regulator is getting vacuum? (vacuum hose could be blocked or leaking)

How's your oil level? Too high, and the crank will be turning in oil.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF manual Monty

ACT, Australia

Yeah mate your telling me! Haha

I ended up having to teach today so didn't have time to go to the wreckers etc so will have to do it tomorrow.

Ill have to have a quick check of the oil level bit I'm pretty sure it was fine

And nah reg should be fine, whole rail, Reg etc was changed with known working ones, different hoses have been tested on both

R.I.P My red beast :(

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

This one seems similar ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/rev-limiter-cutting-in-early-at-3500-t97833.html

Pull the fault codes off the ECU - I'm surprised no ones suggested it.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Changed cam angle sensor again today and also changed the crank angle sensor. Will change manual loom and speedo on side of the box tomorrow but don't think this is problem as speedo etc works fine.

Yeah will be my next move, been a long time since I have done it, will have to look up how to make a diagnostic tester again

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Would I be best of just getting a 12v led tester from super s**t or something? Like those screw driver looking ones with two alligator clips coming out of it?

or

should I just buy an led light and hook two alligator clips up to it?

Sorry for questions, have tried looking it up but not found much. Last time I pulled codes was about 5 years ago with the old man and he rigged up a full little plug in unit (he is sparky) and i don't/ want to take all that effort in making one, just want simple led light with clips sort of thing

Cheers

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Hi guys pulled the codes today and keep getting 522 not in neutral or ac is on. The car is manual and in neutral? I don't understand why it is getting this. Any ideas?? I have changed manual loom wiring and also speedo sensor on side of the box

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

fal98con wrote:
Hi guys pulled the codes today and keep getting 522 not in neutral or ac is on. The car is manual and in neutral? I don't understand why it is getting this. Any ideas?? I have changed manual loom wiring and also speedo sensor on side of the box

sounds like its an automatic computer? pretty sure with a manual conversion you trick the computer into thinking its in neutral and another problem is it runs the thermos constantly thinking the auto is hot which could have something to do with the ac code because on ac im sure the thermos run, do your thermos run constant even if the engines just been started on a cold morning?
someone else will correct me if im wrong but my drunk brain could be onto something?

as for your other problems if you didnt already try the fuel pump/filter/regulator i wouldve suggested it, a car running lean lets off a bad smell out the exhaust, i had a fuel pump die over about a forenite, the car got harder and harder to start and i almost couldnt make it to the red line in first gear in the end, then it decided to let go and the car wouldnt run at all and i needed a tow home.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Cheers for suggestions.
I ended up putting an auto ecu and doing the resistor trick again. This removed not in neutral code.
Now on key of test I code 111 a few times and then 691, 692 etc (auto tranny solenoids) so guessing that no problem due to no auto being there and the resistors only connecting a few.

With the engine on test I am getting a 172 code.. engine always running lean (v8) says this is v8 though
411 - idle speed controller can't control low speed idle

And also 538- operator didn't open throttle fully during engine running test (I did turn the steering wheel and pushed pedal flat to floor before the test codes actually started flashing like your meant to but the car won't go open throttle it stops at 3500 or so, so unsure how ill get around this.

Any ideas on how any of these codes could be causing my issue?
Fuel one was interesting but isn't that only v8???

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

fal98con wrote:
Cheers for suggestions.
I ended up putting an auto ecu and doing the resistor trick again. This removed not in neutral code.
Now on key of test I code 111 a few times and then 691, 692 etc (auto tranny solenoids) so guessing that no problem due to no auto being there and the resistors only connecting a few.

With the engine on test I am getting a 172 code.. engine always running lean (v8) says this is v8 though
411 - idle speed controller can't control low speed idle

And also 538- operator didn't open throttle fully during engine running test (I did turn the steering wheel and pushed pedal flat to floor before the test codes actually started flashing like your meant to but the car won't go open throttle it stops at 3500 or so, so unsure how ill get around this.

Any ideas on how any of these codes could be causing my issue?
Fuel one was interesting but isn't that only v8???

i cant be bothered reading back through but have you touched/replaced your throttle positon sensor? id be checking the voltage at idle to make sure its dialed in correctly or not broken, if it isnt dialed in correctly you can elongate the holes and adjust it a bit,
but i dont see how that holds it back from getting anywhere near red line,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Okay so the engine running lean (v8) one is nothing to worry about and doesn't apply to my 6cyl? Meaning I should ignore it?

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

another thing to check, is make sure your t/b butterfly is opening all the way, might have a stretched cable or the spacer thats where it clips onto the pedal might have came off somehow

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Yeah mate I tried operating tb manually with my hand it it cuts out once you open it too much
Cheers

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sounds like a fuel issue to me. im on my phone so its a hassle to check, but have you had the pump out? make sure the little filter thing isnt blocked, make sure all lines are tight. and id try a new pump too. yours could be lazy

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

also trace all your fuel lines from back to front. might have a kinked line somewhere

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next