EF Tickford into EA 

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: EF Tickford into EA
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA Falcon

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
with the aircon if your using the ef belt set up with the ea manifold, you need to buy a xh ute belt tensioner and use the ea a/c pump bracket with the ef a/c pump, but you now need to change the a/c lines and evaporator to the eb2,ed or ef/el...

if you fit the ef manifold you just use all the accessories from the ef and swap over the a/c lines and evaporator to eb2-el ones..

otherwise, you fit all the ea accessories , eg..power steering pump, alternator, water pump, harmonic balancer and use the ea a/c pump..

Sadly the air co (either of them) have no chance of fitting with the EA intake manifold. We tried in earnest.
There is an idler pulley on it now, and it only JUST fits with the EA intake. I was ready to set fire to the f**k car yesterday.. I really was. All of this probably isnt going to be worth the hassle. Should have just swapped the tickford head onto the EA.

The 4499s are siting in now, just waiting to hear back what new drama has unfolded.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

Does anyone know how the ECU can control thermo fans? Is there a link to a thread on this?

Does anyone know where to mount an external thermo fan switch?

thanks guys

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:46 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Barnfind-EA wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
with the aircon if your using the ef belt set up with the ea manifold, you need to buy a xh ute belt tensioner and use the ea a/c pump bracket with the ef a/c pump, but you now need to change the a/c lines and evaporator to the eb2,ed or ef/el...

if you fit the ef manifold you just use all the accessories from the ef and swap over the a/c lines and evaporator to eb2-el ones..

otherwise, you fit all the ea accessories , eg..power steering pump, alternator, water pump, harmonic balancer and use the ea a/c pump..

Sadly the air co (either of them) have no chance of fitting with the EA intake manifold. We tried in earnest.
There is an idler pulley on it now, and it only JUST fits with the EA intake. I was ready to set fire to the f**k car yesterday.. I really was. All of this probably isnt going to be worth the hassle. Should have just swapped the tickford head onto the EA.

The 4499s are siting in now, just waiting to hear back what new drama has unfolded.

the a/c pumps do fit, when you removed the ea pump there would have been a bracket between the block and pump that drops the a/c pump down to clear the ea manifold..

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:49 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Barnfind-EA wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

the a/c pumps do fit, when you removed the ea pump there would have been a bracket between the block and pump that drops the a/c pump down to clear the ea manifold..

We used the EF air co.. didnt fit. We then pulled the pulley off the Ea one to put on the EF pulley and it would fit, but didnt line up :( It has an idler pulley on it now.
See your PMs mate. Would like to give you a call.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

Finally running (2 days ago)
Total time 9 days
Cost: Tickford motor $600 and odds and ends stripped from donor car <- some of that was wasted on buying crap that didnt work.

Would never recommend anyone do this who hasn't got a lot of mechanical experience. Would help to be very well versed in auto electrics when it comes to installing the thermo fans. No less than 3 relays were required to have them run properly. 2 x 4 pins and a 5pin
(I dont pretend to understand the mechanics of that)- But was due to two fans, with high and low settings.

End result. So far, seems a little bit heavier on fuel but I am probably driving it a bit harder too. Revs far better, cleaner but definitely does not launch the way I desire. Diff mod to come.

Has been a nightmare. Would not do this to my work car again. down time was terrible.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:25 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

Update.

Have just had my engine replaced with an EL motor.
Guess what? EL motor with standard BBM will fit under the bonnet.
EF will not. Bizarre.

Here comes my air conditioning back again! woo hoo!

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm 

NSW, Australia

Very bizzar as they are the same engine..

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:04 am 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:

I cant account for it. Are the BBMs the same height and angle?

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:10 am 

NSW, Australia

Barnfind-EA wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

I cant account for it. Are the BBMs the same height and angle?

yep,

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4