Fordmods Logo

El new injectors, what to choose? Au or standared el? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: El new injectors, what to choose? Au or standared el?
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El Futura 98

TAS, Australia

Need a new set of injectors. I have the option of refurbished bosch injectors for $99, brand new siemens deka injectors for $190 or brand new bosch AU falcon injectors for $185. The siemens look like a direct copy of the bosch ev1 type already in the car but are rated 200cc, i read on a bosch chart that the stock el ones are 190cc so i don't know if that would make much difference. I've heard the AU ones are all round better due to being ev6 type but i worry they would ruin my fuel economy by making the car run richer? what should i choose?

Post subject: Re: El new injectors, what to choose? Au or standared el?
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Use the AU. They have a better spray pattern. You should find a slight improvement in economy and throttle response.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Everyone seems to recommend AU injectors. What i don't understand though is if they supposedly make the car run richer how do they help gain a slight improvement in fuel economy as everyone is saying they do?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

sd6 wrote:
Everyone seems to recommend AU injectors. What i don't understand though is if they supposedly make the car run richer how do they help gain a slight improvement in fuel economy as everyone is saying they do?

How do they make the car run richer?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

they wont make it run richer, they are a slightly smaller injector. according to fords injector slope in the binary ef = 19.73 au=18.18lbs/hr

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

SWC wrote:
sd6 wrote:

How do they make the car run richer?

From what I've read el's have 19lb injectors while au's have 20lb injectors so they inject a slight bit more fuel making them run rich. If i hadn't have read that i would have personally thought the ecu would just back off the injectors a bit to compensate as soon the oxygen sensor picked up it was running rich and that it would only be an issue if i was to put something stupid like 30lb injectors in it.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Refer to my comment. They are smaller

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Well here i have 2 charts, one from the pdf on bosch's website and another from bullet proof racing. The one from bosch shows that the au injectors flow more then el injectors and the one from bullet proof racing shows the AU injectors at 14.3lbs. For au injectors I've now been given 20lbs, 21lbs, 18.18lbs and 14.3lbs, i don't know who to believe :? . The figure you gave ranga83 seems more probable if it came from ford documents. I'm not trying to be a pain guys but I'm sure you've all seen there are a great deal of people on these forums that have no idea what they're on about and are quick to tell you that you need a new s5 solenoid in your transmission because your glove box is rattling and that if you don't replace it immediately your head gasket will blow destroying your bcm when really you just needed to take out the bunch of loose change you had rolling about in it... haha. If the AU injectors defiantly work fine I'll get them, I'm all up for improvements so long they actually are improvements. Really i just want to hear from someone that they put them in their car and it ran perfect, didn't smell all rich and fuely leaving excessive soot all over the tail pipe and that fuel economy stayed the same or improved.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Have AU injectors in both my EF and the wife's EL. If they used more fuel they wouldn't be in there. AU injectors are an improvement over the E series injector and have been a common upgrade for years.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

SWC wrote:
Have AU injectors in both my EF and the wife's EL. If they used more fuel they wouldn't be in there. AU injectors are an improvement over the E series injector and have been a common upgrade for years.

Right that's what i wanted to hear, cheers mate. By the way, amazing job you've done on the wagon you have!

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 am 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

I'm running au injectors in my fairlane and it runs fine. I started using less fuel and throttle response is much nicer. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfynoxL2RZI this video will show you ev1 injectors compared to ev6. The ev6 have a much better spray pattern and flow slightly better.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

The ev1 injectors hardly even atomize at all. The au injectors are defiantly superior in that regard. I wonder if the difference in coil resistance changes anything negatively or positively? Edit: actually i think i just explained that to myself, i'm guessing resistance doesn't really matter at all and is just used as a spec to check on to make sure the coils are still within operating spec if you suspect they might be faulty?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

90na2 wrote:
I'm running au injectors in my fairlane and it runs fine. I started using less fuel and throttle response is much nicer. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfynoxL2RZI this video will show you ev1 injectors compared to ev6. The ev6 have a much better spray pattern and flow slightly better.

Both E series and AU Injectors are EV1 connection. EV1 and EV6 have different plug connections.

Last edited by SWC on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Your not wrong about that. I'm not sure what you mean about coil resistance.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

90na2 wrote:
Your not wrong about that. I'm not sure what you mean about coil resistance.

The injectors have coils inside them that have a resistance, the chart shows 15.9ohms for el's and 14.5ohms for AUs.

SWC wrote:
90na2 wrote:

Both E series and AU Injectors ar EV6. EV1 and EV6 have different plug connections.

Au's have a 4 jet ev6 injector and ea-el's have a single jet ev1 injector with a pintle cap. Both have a ev1 type connector though.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next