FG mods? 

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: FG mods?
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

Thanks obie89 :) I've been searching this forum for last few months, now decided to join up :) this is the only forum i can get on at work :P haha

Im not too sure how much i should be looking for a flash tune and a dyne. Ive been quoted 1500, but like i said before, i don't know much about cars and pricing. am i being ripped off? or just wasting money?

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
a new chip (still not sure what this is),

Apparently salt & vinegar works best. Lol

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ford Ef Falcon

QLD, Australia

Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:
Well iv been told by my local performance mob (independant motor sport) that if i put a big mouth kit, a growler, extractors, cat, catback and a high performance tune id be very lucky to see 20kw... So is it all really worth it? Im chooseing no... So thats the end of my performance mods...

this is a load of crap mate. i have a 2010 50th ann xr6 with only extractors, higflow cat, 2.5" exhaust, k&n panel filter and a tune and it got 192rwkw or something like that.. so the mods are worth it.. i had a drag with my cousin who has an fpv gs and mine pulled harder in 1st 2nd and 3rd but when we both hit 4th he just started to get infront.. so id say those mods would be worth it..

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

if you have a auto i'd be carfull how much you mod it the 6 speeds can't handle much more torque then standard.

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Parfie_96falcon wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:
Well iv been told by my local performance mob (independant motor sport) that if i put a big mouth kit, a growler, extractors, cat, catback and a high performance tune id be very lucky to see 20kw... So is it all really worth it? Im chooseing no... So thats the end of my performance mods...

this is a load of crap mate. i have a 2010 50th ann xr6 with only extractors, higflow cat, 2.5" exhaust, k&n panel filter and a tune and it got 192rwkw or something like that.. so the mods are worth it.. i had a drag with my cousin who has an fpv gs and mine pulled harder in 1st 2nd and 3rd but when we both hit 4th he just started to get infront.. so id say those mods would be worth it..

i highly doubt this statement.. :roll: :roll:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ford Ef Falcon

QLD, Australia

Benny D wrote:
Parfie_96falcon wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:

i highly doubt this statement.. :roll: :roll:

what statement?

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
Thanks obie89 :) I've been searching this forum for last few months, now decided to join up :) this is the only forum i can get on at work :P haha

Im not too sure how much i should be looking for a flash tune and a dyne. Ive been quoted 1500, but like i said before, i don't know much about cars and pricing. am i being ripped off? or just wasting money?

Thats alright man forums are a good place to learn about cars. When your trying find something out though try to find multiple threads on the same subject and if they all say the same thing about something Thats usually when you trust what is said. Just don't take everything on here As gospel mate :).

As for flash devices and tunes that is a pretty good price about 150 bucks under what i would expect to pay for the device as well as a tune just research the shop youre looking at taking it to first. This should only be done when your happy with the amount of physical mods to the motor that you have done like exhaust from extractors to exhaust tip, cold air intake and under drive pulley.

Only after you have done all those mods should you consider tuning because otherwise everytime you add a mod you have to get your device retuned to make the most out of new mods etc which gets costly.

Also once you flash your ecu your engine is no longer under ford warranty - just thought you should be aware of this. There are ways to hide the fact you have had it tuned like flashing back to stock mode before taking it for a service as the average ford workshop can not check this however if your motor blows up ford will send a tech to check for this before fixing under warranty and they will know.

If you by an xcal 3 do not get it from ebay as the american ones do not work on aussie fords.

Hope this helps. You can easily get your car singing to a different tune - easily get to 180 rear wheel kilowatts which is stronger than some previous model v8s!

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

theKrazeD i put kw measurements in my statement, not rwkw. i dont expect a stock fg to be putting 195 to the tyres

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Parfie_96falcon wrote:

mentt this one. your n/a xr6 pulled harder thru 1+2+3rd and the fpv GS ( either bf 302 or fg 315) only started to just get infront in 4th ( about 150km/h )...
with just intake, zorst and tune.. this is what i highly doubt.

230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
phatba wrote:
hp and kw is not the same thing. 1hp = approx 0.75kw
so a car like the fg, with 195kw stock, has about 260hp

Okay, go get a stock FG, put it on the rollers and it will read like 160kw. Why? Because the power figure from factory is at the engine, not the wheels. I'd love if the FG XR6 had the same power output as a boss 260 :shock:

Is this a troll or are you serious? KW and HP are not the same thing mate, they are units of power with a distinct relation to one and another (1 kw= 1.34 HP). An FG six cylinder is 195 kw rated at the flywheel by the manufacturer. 195 x 1.34 is 261.3, and thus the FG six cylinder is a 260 Horsepower motor. A Boss 260 5.4l V8 is rated by the manufacturer at 260 KW at the flywheel- do the math... 260 x 1.34= 348.4 HP, a vastly different figue.

HP doesn't reffer to Rear Wheel power, it is just a unit of measurement. IF you apply that unit of measurment to the Rear Wheels, you get Rear Wheel Horse Power or RWHP. The same applies to kilowatts. Applied to the rear wheels this unit of measurement is RWKW, as apposed to KW which is generaly attributed to the actual power OUTPUT of the engine, which is measured at the flywheel/crank. Probably should sharpen your own tools before talking about the numpties.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Here are couple of things I've done to my FG:

Lowered with Rims

Growler intake and pacemaker headers:

2 1/2" system all the way through to this sexy little tip

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

VIC, Australia

i wont lie, that does look amazing, would look perfect with a set of g6 tail lights... man i wish i went something with some dish, they look mint with dish... just wondering how much differance the full exhaust made?

NOTHING BEATS THE SOUND OF A GRUNTY V8!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:06 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

I've never looked at the g6 taillights to be honest. Ill have to check them out.

The exhaust has made a lot of difference in my opinion. It takes off faster, and gives you a lot more mid range speed. Top end I'm not sure about. Never taken it over 180.
But on the highway I reached 160 easily and didn't realise. Highly recommend doing the exhaust

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fpv gs ute x2 fg xr6 sedan

NSW, Australia

Xr6 with a few mods Beating a fpv gs . I sorry ..s**t . I have both cars and my fg xr6 has more mods then that and still has no chance against my stock fpv gs .

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

I don't come on here much anymore and geez there are some people who talk crap and know nothing...

Hp and kW the same thing lol...

Xr6 beats fpv gs lol...

Anyway - I'm def gonna test my bf on 98 to see if it jumps up in pwr as much as people say...

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5