ford eb p-plate mods 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '07 LT XR5

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

bunghole wrote:
haha i wish man im 18 in september so i miss out by 2 months so i have to worry about this crap.

Ill probably just chuck some new extractors and a few other things on, already got the 2 1/2 inch and lowered springs . i dont think there super lows but im not sure either, got em for free:)

Next year im hopin ill have enough for a ba turbo and ill just rip the turbo bages off haha should work.
not if you get a cop who has half a brain, once you open the bonnet it'll be pretty obvious

So much RAM the motherboard twisted off the POST.

I lost 3 cylinders... but gained a turbo...
Proud owner of an '07 XR5Turbo

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Its very rare that they have a clue about cars, the only ones that do are highway or freeway patrol.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

s.a doesnt have any laws like that heaps of my mates drive cars with turbo
i no for a fact the cops in melbourn wont take your car away if you put cold air intake or extractors to the engine heaps of falcons come out with extractors like the brokeys and sprints als you will have to say is you had a cracked exorse manifold and replaced it or say ur modle comes out with them most cops dont care bout lil s**t like that maybe even convert your car to manual that gives a noticable power gain whilst keeping it stokish
or do u have to go for your ps in manual in melbourn to drive manual cars??

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

just dump it with superlows..... put some rims on it, get exorse and extractors and a sound system and the cars perfect it will look good sound good go good

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU III XR6

QLD, Australia

Ok, without sounding like a party pooper, the laws are there for a reason.

Wait out your P's, maybe go do a defensive driving course, then with the knowledge and road smarts under your belt, go crazy.

I honestly believe high powered cars should not be sold to young drivers. I'm sick of seeing so many young people becoming road kill.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeah thats true
you can kill your self in any car but the more power the faster you can go quiker and the higher the damage
.... the basic mods which do little power but noticeable save petrol like high flow filter bigger leads and extractors exetera

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

The problem is really that all young guys seem to think that they are really excellent drivers.. despite not having been in many of the thousands of situations you can find yourself in on the road..

Anyone can hang it sideways around the corner... a good driver is one that can have a front tyre blow out around a corner at speed and not end up in a tree or upside down.. (for example)

Simple fact, you can have great feel for cars, and not be a great road driver due to lack of experiance. Likewise you can have no feel for a car at all (most of Perth), but have driven one at 40kph for 30 years and still not be a good driver. (pretty sure that later group are all clumped together before me on the way to work in the mornings. :o )

It takes some time, and some inclination.. and not many 17yo's can see that far ahead.. plus most think they are indestructible. (I know I did.)

{winge} Anyone that can't tell that the Perth tunnel is the same width in the middle as the roads before and after the tunnel, should not have licenses. The speed limit in the tunnel is 80, just like the road before and after.. you do not need to slow down to 60 to go though it.. {/winge}

Sorry, go though that tunnel every day.. wish I could hand out disqualifications.

:P

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF Fairmont AU Falcon FG XR6

VIC, Australia

i can reverse park in 1 hit all the time i can even eat a large maccas meal in 3mins while driving :D when the mont starts rockin dun come knockin

My Fairmont

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU III XR6

QLD, Australia

All you young fella's, don't get me wrong, I wasn't slinging mud. Just wanna see you all here for a long time, not a short time :)

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon EBII/EF Turbo

VIC, Australia

yeh i do agree that p platers cant handle powerful cars its because they take advantage of it...bein on my l's i usually drive a v8 lol and the power in that bad boy could f*** u up in no time.

not having turbos or supercharges is fair enough but no mods! thats pretty stupid cinsiderin theres very little increase in power compared to a turbo or anything like that. + installing intakes and extractors and things is fun and you gain lots of experience in doin so
y take away the fun party pooper :x s

well thats my 2cents

vaaaaaauuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm ppsshhhhhhhhhhhhhtt vaaaaauuuummmmmm

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Camxr6 wrote:
Ok, without sounding like a party pooper, the laws are there for a reason.

Wait out your P's, maybe go do a defensive driving course, then with the knowledge and road smarts under your belt, go crazy.

I honestly believe high powered cars should not be sold to young drivers. I'm sick of seeing so many young people becoming road kill.

Just my 2 cents

this is true, however there are people with the natural ability.but i believe these rules will just move the road toll into the next age bracket after people get off their P's they will have more money to buy faster cars still and no idea how to control it.

One guy i know started with 3 supras (2 turbos and 1 n/a) and most recently an xr6t and has written all of them off and hes only 21.

Maybe the authoritys should ban people not cars?

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I grew up on farms and stuff, was riding motorbikes, driving cars and tractors etc from early age...

My first car was an old austin 1800 I bought for a carton of beer..

I caned it till it died, then fixed it and caned it some more.

taught me heaps... next car was an XP falcon, and it went much the same way...

By the time I got on the road.. I'd been trashing cars in the bush on dirt for years..

having said that, I did a great deal of dumbass stuff when I finially did get on the road.....

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
I grew up on farms and stuff, was riding motorbikes, driving cars and tractors etc from early age...

My first car was an old austin 1800 I bought for a carton of beer..

I caned it till it died, then fixed it and caned it some more.

taught me heaps... next car was an XP falcon, and it went much the same way...

By the time I got on the road.. I'd been trashing cars in the bush on dirt for years..

having said that, I did a great deal of dumbass stuff when I finially did get on the road.....

bet you still wish you had the xp

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah, that was pretty cool... I was 15 and this thing had sat on blocks not running for 4 years...

got it for a song.. had it running two days later.. (most of that time was getting the gummed up oil out of the motor..

had it for a while... it was funny, everytime you did a burnout, the clutch linkage (that went between the car and the motor) would pop off and the clutch would stop working.. I ended up chaining the engine to that side of the bay to stop it... bodgy brothers, but it worked...

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: DF LTD

SA, Australia

you're right cam, a lot of my mates have V8's and turbos and act like wankers, cause too much trouble.
If you're honestly going to drive sensibly you wont get pulled over, ive recently got off my P's and the only trouble i had was being pulled over for a coupe of speeding fines, and once got pulled over for excessive noise and smoke....even though the tyres squealed on the way out of a concrete driveway..

'95 DF LTD - 18inch LWT wheels, Aunger snorkel, lowered 2'', 2'5inch cat back exhaust with magnaflow muffler, DBA slotted front rotors

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next