Fordmods Logo

Fuse keeps Blowing Urgent Help Needed! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

yeah well if you did it the proper way ad have used the nf/nl/el giah loom, both doors and body, and you have dsconnected the door looms so the trim lights are disconnected, then i'd be looking at taking the scuff panels off to check the main loom runing down th body encase you got it with the seats.

If nothing, then when it happened to me it was the boot's interior lamp, as the don't use a bung on it, personally I think it's quite poorly done, I'd go hit that up.

and yeah stuff like this may have a cause, but sometimes a random wir just been rubbing and bang it goes, was the cas when my boot light shorted.

by the way a nifty trick i work out last time it happened, if you need to get somewhere just jump across the fuse well you start the car, but be careful, and probably best a two man job, that was a f**k funny as.
bombed out camira and 93 hyundai and my dead ef gli 10-15 of us, cruising around brisbane, camira had engine bay wiring problems hyundai overheating, and I lost reverse gear and kept blowing crt fuse.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

I think i have checked the body loom enough.... but no bare wires i can see. The thing i dont get is why this happens now as i have started the car a few time before. I will check the boot light wiring tomorrow. But i still need more places to check so all help here as i want this finished and ill be done with this car.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:35 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Do you have a centre console with a courtesy light on the end?ok trade secret time!Get yourself a headlight bulb ,put 2 wires on it so that when you put the ends of the wires onto the pos &neg of a battery it lights up.like a big testlight,next remove blown fuse and put the 2 wires where the fuse mounts ,slide the wire where the fuse blades normally go.What happens is this,1 side of the fuse is battery power and when you have a short circuit this provides the earth so that the bulb lights up.if you disturb the short the light will go out.Also check each courtesy light and if you see a dull glow then that is not where the short is so keep looking .ok I have almost run out of tips .Kevman

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DC LTD V8

VIC, Australia

Fuses are really cheap, just keep a box of like 50 in your car and every time it blows, replace it. Simple fix

:-D

DC LTD V8 pure style

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This is the thing when i put in the new fuse and connect the battery terminals the fuse blows after a couple of seconds. I have put a 30A fuse in there and connected the battery terminals like it works but then after a couple of secs i think a smelt something burning so i quickly unplugged the terminals and touched the 30A fuse it was very hot. Now why does this happen? Is there a lot of voltage going through that fuse so that it blows? And it was pretty windy so i couldn't pinpoint where the smell was coming from i was next to the engine bay when i started smelling something fishy. I am very stooped i don't know whats wrong. I am asking all FORD MODS MEMBERS to help me out here. It could even be a small thing but i just don't know where and how this is happening.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Please people i need help here i just don't know why its blowing. Pretty Please with Cherry on Top!

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

OK, I got my uncle to do a test for me now i know which wires is shorting, the colour of the wire is black/blue...... I need to know where this wire goes and ends all the location points....if someone can draw me where it leads to that will be much appreciated.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok, I think i found out whats going on.
The Black/ Blue wire is not shorted i think but here is what happens.....
The Black/Blue wires goes to most interior lights and also goes to the door switch thing that detects if the door is open or not. So when all the doors and boot are closed the fuse wont blow. So as soon as you open one door the fuse blows or if you turn the interior map light on, on the headlight switch. So i wonder why this happens?? I thought that this wire creates a circuit so that when the the doors open the door detect switch makes a circuit so that the interior lights would go on. So i need help here i don't know what or why this is happening. Please help me over this hurdle.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:24 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

The blue/black wire is your earth wire from your lights.I think the green/yellow is your power feed to your lights which is the fused wire.Somewhere those 2 wires are connected and this is what you need to find.So 1st up disconnect all your interior lights including the boot light.check to see if it is still shorting out.If it is then then you have a short in your wiring. if it isn't then one of your lights is the problem.you could have a problem with your BCM but I haven't seen 1 fail in this fashion.cheers K :? evman

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

When you say disconnect the interior lights you mean by removing the bulbs of them?

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I MEAN REMOVE LIGHTS AND TAKE THE CLIPS off so that they are isolated from the harness. It has to be 1 of your lights !

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2