Fordmods Logo

GENIE EXTRACTORS 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:13 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

falcon4litreOHC wrote:
The only problems with the genies are the secondary pipes are tiny in length. The 4,5,6 cyclinder primarys tri-cone straight into the flange for the single pipe and the 1,2,3 cyclinders are about 10cm long.

Where the pacies 4499's have similar length primaries but the secondary's are about 1 foot long and join up where the cat sits.

Genies aren't much better than the stock exhaust manifold, i had the exact set on my old EB falcon and i didn't notice bee's d**k in performance difference. Maybe gave a bit better low down performance, but nothing top end...............

Yea the secondary pipes do look a little shorter then the primary pipes
but the 2 pipes colect at the cat like the pacies. my only consern is that
the hego sensor is only in the secondary pipe about 5" from where they collect.so its only getting a reading from the rear 3 cyl but the only difference in performance is that the engine pulls harder from 4000 rpm to about 5400 rpm with a little bit more responce .but it also got a 2 1/2" cat at the same time as the std cat was only 2 or 2 1/4" and very rattly..
with the std headers it would start to run out of puff around 4600 rpm and only rev to 5200 rpm.
but im still happy with the result..
:D

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:55 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Fairmont

ACT, Australia

i have the same genies on my car and haven't had a problem i put the 2.5 mandrel bend exhaust on then the headers a couple weeks later just to see if they would make a difference and they did make a fair bit down low and slight difference up top.

ROTOR is ROTOR spelt backwards!!!

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:57 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

TMAN NK wrote:
falcon4litreOHC wrote:
The only problems with the genies are the secondary pipes are tiny in length. The 4,5,6 cyclinder primarys tri-cone straight into the flange for the single pipe and the 1,2,3 cyclinders are about 10cm long.

Where the pacies 4499's have similar length primaries but the secondary's are about 1 foot long and join up where the cat sits.

Genies aren't much better than the stock exhaust manifold, i had the exact set on my old EB falcon and i didn't notice bee's d**k in performance difference. Maybe gave a bit better low down performance, but nothing top end...............

Yea the secondary pipes do look a little shorter then the primary pipes
but the 2 pipes colect at the cat like the pacies. my only consern is that
the hego sensor is only in the secondary pipe about 5" from where they collect.so its only getting a reading from the rear 3 cyl but the only difference in performance is that the engine pulls harder from 4000 rpm to about 5400 rpm with a little bit more responce .but it also got a 2 1/2" cat at the same time as the std cat was only 2 or 2 1/4" and very rattly..
with the std headers it would start to run out of puff around 4600 rpm and only rev to 5200 rpm.
but im still happy with the result..
:D

The two pipes join in the flange at the bottom of the picture you posted then run a single pipe from that to the cat. The cat with genie's is generally positioned alot closer to the engine. The pacies have long secondary so the cat can be mounted back which improves low down torque.

My genies had a the same oxy sensor pickup, I took it back to shop and told them to plug the hole and weld a nut on the single pipe just above where the cat joins.

When Paccies are fitted, the price includes putting 2.5in flanges on the factory ford cat.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

meh genies are fine!

got on em on my 14 sec au :) so they cant be that bad. . .

RIP SCOTT

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2