Got my car dyno'd today. With pics! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

My dev 4 cammed engine on the same dyno with edit got 143.8 rwkws .I think this engine is already tricked up.

I think getting more out of this engine with cam only may get tricky.

I ran a 15.1 1/4 in auto form

If I had that car Iwould edit/chip it and watch it hit 150+ rwkws.

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:46 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

hey I can only tell you what I know..

and I know I got 141.5 rwkw..

pretty sweet huh!

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

haha, thats awesome figures, what a freak ;)

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:14 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

its only gonna get freakier I hope.. with one of Jaysens big a** stage 3 cams in there..

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If i see you on a cruise u know u wanna take me for a run with that stage 3 cam, don't worry ill bring some tissues! haha

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:21 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

will do mate..

funny thing is, I gave the car to my mate to put on the dyno cause I was stuck at work and wanted to see what power it had before I cammed it up, I was left with his BA XR6 turbo, edit and all the gear, auto..

beautiful car to drive, but not a drivers car if that makes sence?

he found the same as well, the EL is just a beautiful machine to drive, it talks to you, it rewards you for driving it well.. the BA seems to have a little of that engineered out of it..

he is now looking at trading and getting a BA Marcus Ambrose special six speed manual..

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah, Ive heard alot of people say that about the BA's, I'd rather the EL XR look anyway.. mmm ...

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
will do mate..

funny thing is, I gave the car to my mate to put on the dyno cause I was stuck at work and wanted to see what power it had before I cammed it up, I was left with his BA XR6 turbo, edit and all the gear, auto..

beautiful car to drive, but not a drivers car if that makes sence?

he found the same as well, the EL is just a beautiful machine to drive, it talks to you, it rewards you for driving it well.. the BA seems to have a little of that engineered out of it..

he is now looking at trading and getting a BA Marcus Ambrose special six speed manual..

Mate, let's dispense with the s**t please. The BA XR6 Turbo is a much better car than any e-series. The only thing better about the e-series is, I believe, the seat / driving position. THAT'S IT! The BA will corner better, break better, and go much better.
As for the myth that your car's engine may be standard. s**t! Yes, that's good RWK and yes you have a top car, but let's not get carried away.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thats not nice man.The guy is giving his non offensive opinion .The BA are the EA ford of the range..with many teething problems.

DC Todd you are one lucky guy mate.Enjoy the car .I retract my comment about getting more power out of it.I reckon if anyone can, Jaysen can. In the same token its putting out some nice power . Jaysen be kind to this car... :)

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yes, calling him mate and saying that he has a top car is not very nice at all is it?
I wasn't personally attacking him, just saying that I disagree with his comments. It's a discussion forum and you've gotta expect some difference in opinion.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:42 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

ok then lets not get on the defensive, I was simply stating from my experience, I personally feel the E series particulary the EF-EL series are a more rewarding car to drive, and a BA aint any faster. I can do the same lap times in a stock EF xr6 with decent rubber round easter sreek that a BA XR6 can. so don't try and tell me otherwise there.. the EF-EL setup correctly with comparible rubber actually corners slightly better as a lower curb weight, and knowledge of how to steer a car can get them through a corner ust as fast.

And MATE, on another note, I never said as a certanthy that it was a stock it was commented on in jest did you note the "el stock-o" quote as this is something I doubted as well, what I was stating was at the time to best of my knowledge the car was pretty standard, sure it is obviously not, I've had enough falcons to know this one goes a bit too hard for standard..

so read a post with the punctuation and things become a bit clearer as to what I am saying.

I ain't trying to s**t, if I was I would tell you all I'm a good bloke.. now thats s**t.

I'm gonna try and find out whats been done to the engine, there is paperwork for work done but no real description as to what exactly was done.

All I can tell you is what I know from personal experience.
An financially I'm happy that I prefer my EL XR6 to the BA. I still feel too much driver feedback has been engineered out of them, stock form yeah they handle, yeah they go, but no real info as to how much harder you can push te reach the edge of adhesion.

thats where I was and am coming from.

Now stay on topic and tell me how damn lucky I am to find something with some PUNCH!!

and breath and relax.

I aint putting s**t on yu, just trying to share my experience.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well if you had of just said that in the first place......:)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2