Fordmods Logo

High Energy Silicone Hoses - steer clear of them... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: High Energy Silicone Hoses - steer clear of them...
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I drove my car 25km's today, and while sitting in the drive through at the lcoal McDonalds my brakes half failed (pedal was really hard and the brakes wouldn't bite).
I limped the car home keeping a fair distance from everything else.

I was just trying to figure out why and noticed that the new brake booster vacum line has crushed itself in and stuck together (i.e. not allowing any flow to or from the brake booster) - the car wasn't even running any hotter than normal. It was a brand new hose - HIgh Energy 10mm blue silicone hose. They say they can be used to replace any vacum or water hoses in the engine bay (but not fuel hose) - so I was using the hose for it's proper designed usage.

The stuff is avaliable from ModYourCar (http://www.modyourcar.com.au/advanced_s ... cription=1) and ET Performance.

I'll be returning them tomorrow and I recomend others steer clear of this brand. On a more positive note - my Autotechnica Monza blue silicone hoses which were actually cheaper show no signs of wear or damage!
Anyone know were I can buy 10mm blue silicone hose by the meter? The Autotechnica Monza can only be bought in a package with 4mm and 6mm. Turbosmart don'tseem to make 10mm, only smaller sizes.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]