need to know the name of a tool 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: need to know the name of a tool
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

i need to know the name of the tool you put in your spark plug hole to put air in the piston to do the valve guide seals without taking the head of the motor

Post subject: Re: need to know the name of a tool
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 12 images

QLD, Australia

savage78 wrote:
i need to know the name of the tool you put in your spark plug hole to put air in the piston to do the valve guide seals without taking the head of the motor

Rope, You can get it at all good hardware stores. Much better than using air as you cant stuff it up and you can do two cylinders at a time.

If you really need to use compressed air. Supercheap sell a cheap screw in compression tester (Stanley i think). Buy one of them and get a air fitting to screw in where the gauge is.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TriggerHappy wrote:
savage78 wrote:

Rope, You can get it at all good hardware stores. Much better than using air as you cant stuff it up and you can do two cylinders at a time.

If you really need to use compressed air. Supercheap sell a cheap screw in compression tester (Stanley i think). Buy one of them and get a air fitting to screw in where the gauge is.

ok how do use the trick ?

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:50 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 12 images

QLD, Australia

savage78 wrote:
TriggerHappy wrote:
savage78 wrote:

ok how do use the trick ?

Easy, Remove spark plug and wind engine over to BDC of the cylinder you wish to remove valve spring from. Feed as much rope as you can into the cylinder through the spark plug hole without loosing the end of the rope! When its is full rotate crank gently until the rope is jammed between the piston and the cylinder head. If done correctly there is no way the valves can drop into the combustion chamber and you don't have to worry about keeping air up.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

If you really need to use compressed air. Supercheap sell a cheap screw in compression tester (Stanley i think). Buy one of them and get a air fitting to screw in where the gauge is.[/quote]
also good for balancer bolt

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks guys i will give it a try sounds easy as

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]