NO POWER DOWN BOTTOM 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: NO POWER DOWN BOTTOM
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

EBMontTom wrote:
On my EB, ive had the ecu tuned but i believe the dizzy timing is set to standard. So I could adjust the base timing to try and get more TOTAL timing advance (until knock occurs) without having to retune the ECU?

if you advanced it a degree or 2 i can see it affecting it too much if at all. but others might say otherwise.

EBMontTom wrote:
When you say the EL ECU wont have spark tables, how does this differ from the spark multiplier tables that were adjusted during my tune

from what im aware if theres a electronic dizzy (like an e-series) then the ecu gets a signal from the hall/pulse sensor (or electronic ignition module) in the dizzy and thats when it makes the coil fire. twisting the dizzy to advance or retard affects this in a big way because it will send the signal either sooner or later (advance or retard). the only other thing the ecu has to do with ignition is it controls dwell. electronic ignition has variable dwell where as a points style dizzy has a set dwell.
coil pack style ecu's are completely different with it comes to ignition because they use cam and crank sensors etc

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Post subject: Re: NO POWER DOWN BOTTOM
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

damn double post, gotta stop clicking "BACK"

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2