Fordmods Logo

PHENOLIC SPACERS for Broad Band Manifold... 

Page 4 of 9 [ 125 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Quote:
That's right, they have - so I've merely borrowed their picture.... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... ber=120931

Cheers.

So you stole our picture even though we designed and made it first? Nice

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hahaaha.... And there you have it folks.... Steve from Mace (who has been quite forthcoming in other emails and seems like a straight up genuine sort of character) is actually a FordMods member and has been watching this thread develop...

There you have it... Good on them for producing the good s**t, still a bit odd how yours appears on the market just as I am producing the same thing tho Steve.

Anyways, will remove the picture shortly. I respect your work and am not about to start infringing your copyright as such.

And that's all folks. The tale of Fiends Fabulous Fiery Fabrication (FFFF.00000110) appears to be drawing to a close...

The thread of its creation was viewed over thirty times a day when there was no new posts, and sixty times a day when there was. In that respect, it's been a success.

Well... I still have 41.25 port holes and have changed the design somewhat in the last hour or so. Not purely to be different from MACE, but to put my signature to it.

Steve buddy --- Okay, you didn't "steal" or copy my idea... No problem... But the design you use is almost identical to the Ford original in its shape, so how do you register that as being an original with the Aussie powers that be? Surely we should all be done with copying Ford in the first place?

Whatever.

All good.

Watch this space for the up coming price war. :roll:

On a side note, when investigating the processes and products to use for the creating of FFFF.6, I came across this "pivotal engine" being designed by Mace Engineering in New Zealand. Check it out - offer them millions...
http://www.pivotalengine.com/solutions.html#animation

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

sounds like you should have checked for a patent before saying anything.

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

“ahaaha.... And there you have it folks.... Steve from Mace (who has been quite forthcoming in other emails and seems like a straight up genuine sort of character) is actually a FordMods member and has been watching this thread develop...”

Have been for about 1 3/4 years

“There you have it... Good on them for producing the good s**t, still a bit odd how yours appears on the market just as I am producing the same thing tho Steve.”

The upper manifold insulator for the BBM manifold was developed about the same time as the lower (about a year ago), yet we only released it a couple of weeks back, much like the BOSS etc. Sometimes things take longer then we plan for. Nonetheless testing for these item was done by Bill Towler Mechanical in SA mid year. Even if it was coincidental (remember we also released an RB30, BA-BF lower intake manifold at the same time as this item, with many more to come), it still doesn’t change the fact that we developed this item about a year ago.

“Anyways, will remove the picture shortly. I respect your work and am not about to start infringing your copyright as such.”

Thank you.

“Steve buddy --- Okay, you didn't "steal" or copy my idea... No problem... But the design you use is almost identical to the Ford original in its shape, so how do you register that as being an original with the Aussie powers that be? Surely we should all be done with copying Ford in the first place?”

Best to take that up with IP Australia who approved the design, or a patent attorney. I have a number of one you can contact if you like.

"Watch this space for the up coming price war. icon_rolleyes.gif"

As for our pricing it's inline with the rest of the insulators we sell without any hardware and sealant, whether it be Ford, Holden, Toyota, Nissan etc.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

ebxr82nv wrote:
sounds like you should have checked for a patent before saying anything.
Mate, is all good. Unless I could sell hundreds of the things (not bloody likely in NZ) it's not worth loosing sleep over... Although, have lost sleep over the whole damn design process already. Hahah, I bet old Steve and Mace were laughing themselves silly watching all this... I don't blame them! ;)

At least they're going to go through and change their advert on E-Bay to reflect the different installation procedure and the extra parts and tuning required.

In fact, they're probably doing it now - at the same time I am deleting their product from my TradeMe page!

Maybe I should just sell their product in NZ for them and be done with it?

Bloody hell....

Am going through similar headaches trying to buy a house at the moment. The house is the priority I guess... Never thought anything would take priority over my Ford, but there you have it.

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

“At least they're going to go through and change their advert on E-Bay to reflect the different installation procedure and the extra parts and tuning required.”

I’ll personally be doing this on the weekend I hope, as I’m still crook :( Been for a number of weeks now :(

“In fact, they're probably doing it now - at the same time I am deleting their product from my TradeMe page!

Maybe I should just sell their product in NZ for them and be done with it?”

You’re welcome to

“Bloody hell....

Am going through similar headaches trying to buy a house at the moment. The house is the priority I guess... Never thought anything would take priority over my Ford, but there you have it.”

If you can wait till next year as house prices will further soften, if they are like anything in Aus. Just a thought.

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

The "B" dezign graffix to be cut... Image

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

Okay, at work we have a faro arm and i've used it to copy the upper and lower bbm flanges (among other things).

It's an exact copy of the ford flange.

At work we also have boeing phenolic material.

If I cut one on the waterjet how would it differ to what you guys are selling? I don't see it being such a development?

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Exactly the same dude - really. All I've done is increase the size of the ports and put my logo on it...

I am too broke to produce them... Don't have any more of the material and the waterjet cutting costs me too...

Wish I was you. ;)

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Just read this thread,, interesting stuff. If anymore people fit one and have good results, then i'll certainly follow.

Are you still going to make some of these Fiend?

I like the idea, and i definatly think it has merit, i know how hot my BBM gets, it has bugged me before. Hope to see you produce some Fiend.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yeah, produced some, but everyone else seems to be onto either making their own or (in the case of Mace) finally listing something they had on the drawing boards. I'd like to say my design is better, but since I have basically told everyone what I was doing as I went, I dare say they have incorporated all into theirs...

Sad really. Yet another good idea of mine bites the dust... I'm going to be an bitter old man.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

If it does what its supposed to, i'm still interested in one. Like you say other have done, i could make one myslef, but not out of this phenolic stuff (not exactly sure what it is) i could make a steel one, but that would defeat the purpose.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Sure would defeat the purpose!!! Heheeh ;)

No worries Pimpster. I'll have another few for sale in January, so if you can wait that long.... I am hoping to provide very very accurate information on the gains achieved then too.... Need to do a test on a clean, stock(ish) car and then compare to new install.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Hi All,

I had this thought about 18 months ago - was talking to my engine tuner and we both agreed it to be something worth looking into...unfortunately at the time there was nothing available...and the cost involved of making one from bakerlite and having it laser cut was going to get expensive.

Have been watching this thread for quite sometime (along with Mace Engineerings' ebay auctions) - I recently purchased a BBM insulator - fitted it today actually...and seat-of-pants, I am quietly impressed - low-down torque seems to be improved and ambient temperatures seem to remain more consistent / less fluctuating.

My realtime temp guage is my screen for the wolf V500.

I am also waiting to hear back from a contact about the head to manifold insulator (paid for) - very eager to try that one out also.

More daily driving testing to follow...but I must say I am somewhat impressed thus far.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

fiend wrote:
Sure would defeat the purpose!!! Heheeh ;)

No worries Pimpster. I'll have another few for sale in January, so if you can wait that long.... I am hoping to provide very very accurate information on the gains achieved then too.... Need to do a test on a clean, stock(ish) car and then compare to new install.

Cool mate, thats good for me as i don't have any cash til january :)

Keep me posted.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 9  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next