Fordmods Logo

Pod Filter In EA Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Pod Filter In EA Falcon
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

I just installed my pod filter today but I had trouble finding an adaptor for my EA everytime I asked at the auto stores the idoit's kept giving me adaptor's for the EF/EL and onwards that bolt on in four places and I had to point out on the packet's "No you givin me the wrong type I said EA/EB or ED only there's nothing to bolt onto it's just tubing" they kept going " it has to fit mate it says so in the book" I said " mate if you knew what the setup's looked like you would know there totally different what your giving me is an adaptor to fit an air meter which is for the EF/EL and onwards were as the EA/EB & ED's don't have them on the intake tube at all " I even showed one guy so he could see the huge difference.

After all that crap was told then there is no adaptor for that model then which p****d me off so I started looking at the pod adaptors to see if there was one I could use and YES I found one it's for a Holden Commodore VN to VS just perfect for the job and below is it fitted into my EA Falcon.

What I plan to do now is to close the pod filter from the engine bay like a heat sheild if anyone has made one already please post your pics of it thanks.

I'll Drive A Ford Till The Day I Die.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

well done, you are now sucking hot air into your engine. close tha puppy up in a box because not only is it illeagal to have it like that it also just sucks in all the hot engine bay air into your motor

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Er, he said he was going to! Give the guy some time lol

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:14 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

I like the angle the pods on, sits really nice. You should be able to blank that whole area of nicely.

Then you will want to drill a hole down through the gaurd and feed it air from down there with a 80+mm pipe.
Probably also a wise idea to install an XH snorkel to feed into the closed off section.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Quote:
well done, you are now sucking hot air into your engine. close tha puppy up in a box because not only is it illeagal to have it like that it also just sucks in all the hot engine bay air into your motor

Well like I said that area will be closed off so it won't suck the hot in.

Quote:
Then you will want to drill a hole down through the gaurd and feed it air from down there with a 80+mm pipe.
Probably also a wise idea to install an XH snorkel to feed into the closed off section.

Yep that will be after the are is closed off I will then add a CAI to it and I should be able to feed that tube to the bumper bar lower grill area so it won't stick out the bottom.

Thanks for the XH snorkel idea as well. :wink:

I'll Drive A Ford Till The Day I Die.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]