Pod Filters/Changing Air Inake System 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:29 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I'm starting to think he works for 'Simota' whoever the f**k they are.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

Steady ED wrote:

if he does, he's definately not making any sales or friends here. and he should put up these awesome dyno figures he keeps talking about.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

concorde wrote:
is it just me or is this guy, falcon4litreOHC, completely around the wrong way.

check his sig for exhaust system tips. bigger intake pipe and a 2.5" down to 2.25" tip, that has to equal more power. RETARD!!!

he is.
as for the exhaust, well really we don't need to say anything, he worries all this about restricting his air intake putting on huge a** pipe and filter and runs a tiny tailpipe... hmmmmmm...

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

concorde wrote:
Steady ED wrote:

if he does, he's definately not making any sales or friends here. and he should put up these awesome dyno figures he keeps talking about.

AYE JUST DO THE MATHS! LOOK AT THE PICTURE! you'll be convinced, I'm thinking with ask Simota if we can bulk buy and get discount.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:52 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
concorde wrote:

check his sig for exhaust system tips. bigger intake pipe and a 2.5" down to 2.25" tip, that has to equal more power. RETARD!!!

he is.
as for the exhaust, well really we don't need to say anything, he worries all this about restricting his air intake putting on huge a** pipe and filter and runs a tiny tailpipe... hmmmmmm...

It regains loss power down low by increasing exhaust gas velocity over the last section of the exhaust which is the slowest. This is because the tailpipe sect has the coolest gases which effects flow.(hotter gases travel faster).

ring Drift King in Brissy, they have done R&D.....

just shows how much you know about the subject, twr7cx & concorde.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

falcon4litreOHC wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
concorde wrote:

he is.

It regains loss power down low by increasing exhaust gas velocity over the last section of the exhaust which is the slowest. This is because the tailpipe sect has the coolest gases which effects flow.(hotter gases travel faster).

f*** me, with the hot air your pushing out you must talk at the speed of light.

Not one single car manufacturer has put a smaller tailpipe than the rest of the sytem on their exhaust. they must be really stupid hey, ripping themselves off power figures like that. go to a dyno and prove us all wrong about the filter and pipe, and the exhaust.

have you tried putting sugar in your fuel tank mate, it gives your car more energy to go faster.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

concorde wrote:
falcon4litreOHC wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
concorde wrote:

he is.

f*** me, with the hot air your pushing out you must talk at the speed of light.

Not one single car manufacturer has put a smaller tailpipe than the rest of the sytem on their exhaust. they must be really stupid hey, ripping themselves off power figures like that. go to a dyno and prove us all wrong about the filter and pipe, and the exhaust.

have you tried putting sugar in your fuel tank mate, it gives your car more energy to go faster.

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm there,or does this really work

vik...mines a turbo,so it should go even better then :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[b]BANNED[\b]

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

everyones done the R&D according to you, but there's no figures. Mate if you want the best flow f**k the tail pipe off, bends are only a restriction, now if your downsizing the pipe and placing bends your absolutely chocking it! mate you believe what you want to though, it's your car and at the end of the day it really doesn't bother me.
What amazes me though is that there are car companies spending billions a year on R&D who don't think exposed pod filters and larger to smaller size induction piping and large to small exhaust pipes improve anything, yet a few companies tell you they did some R&D and suddenly it's the s**t! (and yes I use the term s**t)... Stupid Toyota, GM, Ford, etc. and all the racing mobs, stupid everyone but Simota Australia!

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:53 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

the mod is to increase low down power, you didn't read the post properly.

Alot of people complain about losing low down power when fitting a big bore exhaust and extractors( especially with auto's). This gets the power back...

cheers..........

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i did some R&D of my own.

i was trying to get some more power without doin squat and i just couldnt get it to happen, so i refined and just told myself that i had got more power and it worked!

refined my mindset and developed my brain to believe my own bs and hey, now my car is a low 14 stock falcon

***pending timeslip

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Futura

WA, Australia

i thought id shed some light on the situation ive ahd the k&n pod and just a standard pod and i spent weeks piss f@rt with it to get as close to the headlight as possible with stainless pipes and heat barriers in an au but then i put the stock airbox back in and the take off in the car was so much better so in my opinion the pod NEEDS an enclosure or your just wasting your money and time in fact you can have my k&n for 10 bux cuz thats all there worth in my book

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

falcon4litreOHC wrote:
the mod is to increase low down power, you didn't read the post properly.

Alot of people complain about losing low down power when fitting a big bore exhaust and extractors( especially with auto's). This gets the power back...

cheers..........

Yeah id have to second this, i know it dont sound right but look up a physics principle called Benuolli's Principle (i think thats how u spell it lol)
Basically means that since the air is moving from a 2.5" to a 2.25" pipe, the air is goin to move faster, because it is all getting pushed in a smaller pipe. Sorta think of it as a room full of ppl trying to get out of a room through one door.....

Anyways im guessin that since the pipe is making the air move faster, would help in power gains somewhat. I do remember somewhere though they tested the BA Engines, found it was better to have a 2.5" to a 2.25", than a 2.5" straight-through, due to compression or something lol

Anyways yeah thats what im guessin that this guy is on bout. Yeahh long post i know but im bored at tafe :P

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

dazza2924 wrote:
Yeah id have to second this, i know it dont sound right but look up a physics principle called Benuolli's Principle (i think thats how u spell it lol)
Basically means that since the air is moving from a 2.5" to a 2.25" pipe, the air is goin to move faster, because it is all getting pushed in a smaller pipe. Sorta think of it as a room full of ppl trying to get out of a room through one door.....

Anyways im guessin that since the pipe is making the air move faster, would help in power gains somewhat.

That theory only works if the force pushing the air is greater (overpowering) the restriction of the air not going in there. For most of the exhaust gases that would be the case, but not all. And yes if the same amount of air was traveling through a 2 1/4" pipe as a 2 1/2" pipe it would have to move quicker throguh the 2 1/4", but at the end of the time the same amount of air would have traveled through both pipes, but the force pushing the air throguh the smaller pipe would have had to work harder to manage to push the same amount through.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

this is what you've all been waiting for. Some proof that Simota are the best....

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

lol, love the loop...

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Sort by