Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: pressure gauge
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:40 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hey everyone. Recently i have noticed that my pressure gauge is going crazy. the needle used to sit half way up when i used to start her up and letting her warm up and then it would slowly drop to close to the bottom which is supposedly normal during idle. but recently the needle sits all the way at the top during start ups. and stays there for a very long time....even when the car is at normal operating temp. sometimes it would stay there until i get home from work and thats about 10 mins of driving. sometimes it would slowly go down and when i hit a bit of uneven road the needle would drop to the centre (cruising speeds of 80km/hr) and then back up to the top...im not sure but the red square at the top usually means bad so if the needles keeps sticking up there whats wrong?

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Toyota Surf, EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

the pressure sensor is probably stuffed. mine did the same thing, try get that replaced and see wat happens

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:11 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EBII92 wrote:
the pressure sensor is probably stuffed. mine did the same thing, try get that replaced and see wat happens

where is the pressure sensor? and is it expensive to replace? hard to replace at all?

cheers

phong =P~

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Toyota Surf, EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

in the side of the block i believe under the intake manifold. sumbody else should be able to clarify this

cant help u on cost mate but i assume not too much.

it just screws in and screws out from wat ive been told

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:16 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EBII92 wrote:
in the side of the block i believe under the intake manifold. sumbody else should be able to clarify this

cant help u on cost mate but i assume not too much.

it just screws in and screws out from wat ive been told

cool cool. so its basically maybe like the O2 sensor....screw in screw out, plug and play.

thanks a lot.

phong =P~

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

yeah very easy. its a couple of inches above your oil filter. can be a bit of a b**ch to get too, well for my fat hands anyways. but yeah, just undo the electrical plug and unscrew the pressure sensor. then screw in a new one.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

easiest way is to do an oil change so you have the filter out makes it soooo much easier. really hard to reach around the filter.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:52 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

also helps if the motor is not hot. that way, no burnt arms!

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

i have a similar problem everynown and then the gauge goes up to just out side the redand back down to half. but has been doing it less often which is good and i have been to slack to change the sensor.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

dsheps83 wrote:
i have a similar problem everynown and then the gauge goes up to just out side the redand back down to half. but has been doing it less often which is good and i have been to slack to change the sensor.

yeah ive been slack too....been working lately so i have the dosh to do it but no time.....

I just changed the oil and oil filter about 1000km ago so it won't be a while until i change it.

nothing wrong with having the needle all the way up top? nothing going to blow up on me? what happens if its not the sensor?

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

did you use the same oil as last time or chaned it?changing brands can strip the junk out of the motor and clog oil filter,we also noticed castrol magnetic oil varies alot on the pressure gauge,if the pressure switch is shotlik on earlier motors they crack and leak oil,can see oil leaks.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

did you use the same oil as last time or chaned it?changing brands can strip the junk out of the motor and clog oil filter,we also noticed castrol magnetic oil varies alot on the pressure gauge,if the pressure switch is shotlik on earlier motors they crack and leak oil,can see oil leaks.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

mine is usually sitting on the 2nd white mark when sitting at the lights for a while.

when crusing maybe last white line at the top.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

hans hartman wrote:

I don't know what oil was used before because I noticed that the oil was clean when I bought the car from the auction. Nothing was wrong until i changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, and oxygen sensor.

I'm using the magnatec one at the moment and it seems to work fine but as you said....it might have clogged up the oil filter. might change it again after another 1000kms.

Gaz...mine is supposed to do that but it just sits up top no matter what i do sometimes. Other times it would just sit half way and then move slightly when I rev it once I let go of the throttle it would fly to the bottom again until I accelerate and then it just goes up to half way...changes everytime. might be sensor

phong =P~

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

I don't know what oil was used before because I noticed that the oil was clean when I bought the car from the auction. Nothing was wrong until i changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, and oxygen sensor.

I'm using the magnatec one at the moment and it seems to work fine but as you said....it might have clogged up the oil filter. might change it again after another 1000kms.

Gaz...mine is supposed to do that but it just sits up top no matter what i do sometimes. Other times it would just sit half way and then move slightly when I rev it once I let go of the throttle it would fly to the bottom again until I accelerate and then it just goes up to half way...changes everytime. might be sensor

phong =P~
el did the same with magnatec oll,changed oil,ok

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next