Fordmods Logo

Problems with handbrake release on BA's 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon BA xr6

NT, Australia

LMAO yeah I wonder how much they would pay me?? lol Sometimes I tend to think though that an average person knows more than the ford mechanics here!! BUt unfortunately we only have one ford dealer here!! :(

Specs: BA Xr6, Stat Nav, Preimum Audio, 2 x Alphine Type R 12inch subs, 18inch alloys, sunrooof, colour screen, front grill, sports exhaust 2.5" and extractors

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6

QLD, Australia

Yes same problem here with the rubbing. Sounds like crap and gives the car that "lemon" feel. Dealers can do a temp fix but it comes back every time. PBR is the OE supplier. You'd think they would be getting a kick up the a*** from Ford judging by the number of complaints on the forums here and elsewhere.

By the way Commodores have the same issue - I have heard as many Commodores as BA Falcons. It makes me smile though when its a Holden.

BA XR6 NA Auto, Pacemakers, 2.5 in exhaust, K&N, XR6T intake 15.4 @ 90mph

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:58 am 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

LOL yeah I heard a Holden with the same problem the other day.
Ford Australia doesn't seem to care anymore than the Ford Dealers do.
I call them at least once a month though to hound them. I figure I might as well piss them off as much as this has p****d me off lol

Specs: BA Xr6, Stat Nav, Preimum Audio, 2 x Alphine Type R 12inch subs, 18inch alloys, sunrooof, colour screen, front grill, sports exhaust 2.5" and extractors

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

go and see your local ombudsman, find out if it could be classed as a safety issue or at least get your rights in the matter!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xpression wrote:
ive not seen one yet... and i work at a ford dealer..

I have always had drama's with mine (AUII XR6). I have the tension cable nut done up all the way.

Sometimes the handbrake lets go when you want it too, other times it does'nt and scrapes and squeels like a pig. It's embarassing driving down the road. When it is engaged I can still drive forward. It's a piece of s**t. I was almost at the point where I was just going to get rid of it, but obviousely I cant.

I have had the car into ford service at least 4 times with this issue. It comes back ok for a couple of days, then the dramas start all over again.
I probably need a whole new handbrake system, but I am out of warranty.

Xpression I've PM'd you

Shugg

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

Yeah I had that probolem too... Ford up here made it so tight that the f**k thing didn't let go for 5m. VERY EMBARRASSING!!!!! Then they loosened it so much that the damn thing barely worked. Heaven help you if you had parked on a hill.

SO I gave up got my father (who has been a mechanic for over 30 years) to rip the damn tyres off and adjust the thing. He did one side and was so p****d off by the end of that that he left the other side... to quote him "it's the worse f**k handbrake system he has ever seen"... When I went back to Ford to get them to tighten it they told me they wouldn't cause it was at the recommended tension. ??? go figure. So I don't use my handbrake at all anymore as it is just too embarrasing. The plus in the whole thing is my father has come up with a temp fix as well as a permanent one. I am waiting, however, to see if ford gets off their a** and does something about it before I get my father to do the permanent fix. If it only took my father 30 mins to think of a permanent solution that will only cost $2 in part why can't all the ford tec's that they have come up with a solution?? hmmmmmmm

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Let me know what your dad does. I need a permanent fix!

Cheers

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

Shugg wrote:

Cheers
read the thread ive been there done it and im a mechanic with an au

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
Shugg wrote:

Cheers
read the thread ive been there done it and im a mechanic with an au

Thanks mate, just had another look through the thread. I will see what I can do.

Shugg

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

yup, im in on it all... handbrake goes up ALLLLLLL the way, doesnt hold the car in reverse, barely holds it in drive...

unfortunatly, im out of warranty :S

Organza 2000 AU 2 Fairmont Ghia
4.0 VCT
JMM Race Series Exhaust
AWC TS50 Front bar
3.45 LSD

Coming soon:
G&D Airbox
CAPA Edit

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:07 am 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

I wouldn't have thought that being out of warranty would have mattered considering it's a design fault.... bustards!

But I know how you feel, my warranty has expired yet but they still try and charge me for s**t which is a warranty issue. I have gone to the ford dealer here so many times that they know me quite well and know that if they try and charge me for something that i know for a fact is a warranty issue that I turn in to Queen b**ch so they don't try it as much anymore lol.

Theuy whole thing is a pain in the a**, they really should sort this out before they release the new model in 2007 otherwise they are going to have even more people complaining......

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2