Fordmods Logo

recomend a ecu for au conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: recomend a ecu for au conversion
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:57 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: eb falcon

QLD, Australia

gday guys am going to do an xr6 au conversion into an eb manual. am also going to be running the el bbm manifold which are easy to get a hold of but the el manual xr6 ecu are not (well i cant find one anyway)
i dont wanna use an auto one and wire it to be in neutral... that just doesnt seem right to me.
so im now thinking of an aftermarket ecu... looking for some suggestions dunno much about this area.
cheers n avagood1

93 eb2, genie extcators,luckey exuast, 3" intake with k+n pod, pedders superlows, 17" chromies

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

take a look in the ECU & Fuel System Forum there is sticky about aftermarket ecu's

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

you can get ahold of el manual ecus reletively easily (normally a couple on ebay, or ford can get them)...but be prepared to be upwards of $600 ($1000 from fraud). Not worth it IMHO. I'm running the resister mod with my el auto ecu and it works fine. I couldnt justify paying over $50 for an ecu. With aftermarket your gonna have heaps more pain in the a** problems to deal with than just a simple resister mod.

As far as I know the only thing you miss out on when tricking the auto ecu is some lean out mode when on the highway or something. Have a look through threads to find out more info. I take my eb manual on the highway a fair bit and i'm still getting better economy than my auto did.

Why not just try to resister mod and if you some reason you arent happy then you can buy a manual ecu.

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: eb falcon

QLD, Australia

thanks for the info bluecube i may just give it a go 6hunge does sound a bit steep for the manual ecu...... how is your car on idle??? any probs?

93 eb2, genie extcators,luckey exuast, 3" intake with k+n pod, pedders superlows, 17" chromies

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

car idles fine. when you first trick the ecu and reconnect the battery it sometimes idles high. but it doesnt take long and then its all back to normal and now it idles well all the time.

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]