springs to use with 1521a 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: springs to use with 1521a
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I've seen that video it's fordfairmonts. Sounds tuff . But mine is 114lsa his 112lsa . Mine could sound a bit different but I hope not lol 8-)

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EB Ghia

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
I've seen that video it's fordfairmonts. Sounds tuff . But mine is 114lsa his 112lsa . Mine could sound a bit different but I hope not lol 8-)

It wont be much different. I had a 110 977B and it lumped similarly, not as much but still sounded good. It'll sound tuff with a decent exhaust and no tune ;)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sweet as , can't wait to drop it in :lol:
I don't plan on running a tune straight away, which will be interesting .
I've got a Haltech e6x but it'll Cost $950 to dyno tune it which could be spent else where such as head work.

Costs around the same to have a j3 / sct chip supplied and dyno tuned. I had a custom tuned j3 chip but had issues. Back firing, bucking under part / full throttle.

Was thinking of selling the Haltech to pay for the j3 chip/tune but can't see me getting much more than $500 for it .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

you will need it tuned, it will probably run worse than a stock cam without setting it up correctly

That 1521a with 112lobes is by far not a massive cam, BUT it would not hold idle at all on standard ECU, even with the throttle body screw turned all the way in

i was lucky i already had a chip that was tuned for a smaller cam which was just enough to make the car drive without stalling to get to the dyno again

i would by one of galapogus's J3 chips as he runs/ran a 1521a in his EF fairmont and he would have spent alot of time working out a good generic tune for that cam

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I had a chip from him for the 1521a but I was using a 977b it bucked and idle was rough. It ran better without it. Sent it back had it tuned for 977b still same problems. Bucked , back fired under throttle . I think ignition timing must of been out. The j3 port was cleaned by him , I sent him a whole ecu , everything was fine.
I had the chance to test it on a dyno but I didn't , I wish I did find out the problem cos I think I'm gunna need that j3 . Only problem is no one in my area as far as I know dyno tunes a j3 . A few in Sydney use the sct and other chips but too expensive.

So I'm a bit stuffed there :cry:

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3