Weird Error(dash) 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: ed
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

hey one way to see if its your head gasket is by looking along the mating surfaces between the head and the block. yopu will be looking for white stains along these areas and its also an idea toi check hoses, welsh plugs ect while lookin. one of the only other places it could be leaking is the radiator along where the tanks (correct me if im wrong) cause these radiators are a cross flow desing with plastic tanks on them (i know ef onwards are anyway) so have a look at these items

and the klunking in the rear is it when you accelerate hard cause i know my ef mont dose this when i put the foot down in reverse got to look at that one day :shock:

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:14 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 ED Futura

NSW, Australia

kaiden351 wrote:
wow .. ok ..the arms are about 200 250 the set ... this is for 4 reco'd arms with new rubbers in them .. it will cost around the same just for the rubbers and to have them pressed in ... sadly there are all pressed in .. :( i hate that idea .. but i am going off melb price .. it could be more or less in nsw ... not to sure .. if i was you i would get the new arms as they have been checked and cleaned so u know that that are a good lot .. now as far as idle goes .. when you are driving .. is the motor smooth or does it feel like its missing .. ?? if it smooth but only low when you are at idle .. does it blow more condensation then before ... ??? i am hitting towoards head gasket like i said before but ill wait to see what you say ... what do you mean its not the coolant .. ??? , have you tried filling it up to see if it bubbles ??? and just so i have it right .. it is clunking from the rear correct .. ???
Quote:
Btw it's not the coolant...

Yes it's clunking from the rear and i think i'll take it into a mechanic on wed and let him drive it to see what the prob is its hard to describe

1994 ED Futura
15" Alloys
Kenwood Deck
15" JVC Sub
6" Fusion Splits

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 ED Futura

NSW, Australia

Just thought I'd clear it up...

It was infact leaking coolant out of the 'heater hose', that and one of the front control arms was out of whack so both had to be replaced costing me about $280..

Also my brakes were at 2% so he replaced those too, now they squeak alot, is it normal for brand new brakes to squeak?

Cheers for your help everyone it was much appreciated

1994 ED Futura
15" Alloys
Kenwood Deck
15" JVC Sub
6" Fusion Splits

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

riggaz wrote:

Also my brakes were at 2% so he replaced those too, now they squeak alot, is it normal for brand new brakes to squeak?

No its not normal for new brakes to squeak, could be due to them using cheap brake pads, alternatively there is some other options to stop squeaking like disc sprays and pad glues that can be applied.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

with the brakes depends if a hard or soft compound pad was used and did new rotors or a disc mackine get done because if a hard pad and rough rotors (un machined / still grooved by old pads) they will most likely squeak as i done slooted and cross drilled on my ef mont with bendix ultimate pads and they squeak like all s**t prices you pay to stop the car well i guess

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2