Fordmods Logo

What does a police pack contain on a Ba xt i6 auto? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: What does a police pack contain on a Ba xt i6 auto?
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

Im looking at buying a ex police Ba xt at the auctions and was wondering what a police pack contains on a ba xt i6 auto.And how to identify them by the compilance plate.

I thought they would be better equipped in terms of perormance mods than a standard ba xt and they are selling for the same price at the auctions.Does anyone on this site own and if so do they go any better than a standard ba xt?[/b]

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yea a police pac usually contains 2 ugly police men with sexy little hats
lol lol :lol: :lol:

my d**k gets hard every time i drive a falcon lol

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

[quote="yeahdude"]yea a police pac usually contains 2 ugly police men with sexy little hats
lol lol :lol: :lol:[/

Thats great mate but im after usefull information.

Post subject: Re: What does a police pack contain on a Ba xt i6 auto?
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:

I thought they would be better equipped in terms of perormance mods than a standard ba xt and they are selling for the same price at the auctions.Does anyone on this site own and if so do they go any better than a standard ba xt?[/b]

I think the only mods are they are slightly lowered and chipped. You would be better going for a fleet car as it probably hasn't been thrashed like the cop car probably has. How much are the ones you looking at? my xt went for 12,900.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:

I think the only mods are they are slightly lowered and chipped. You would be better going for a fleet car as it probably hasn't been thrashed like the cop car probably has. How much are the ones you looking at? my xt went for 12,900.

Yeah that the only downside i think smiley i dont want something that has been thrashed.They are going for beetween $11.500 to $12,500 with beetween 50 and 80 ks how many ks has your done?.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

as far as i know due to cost cutting they stopped chipping police cars years ago thats why highway patrol cars are xr8's or ss commo or wrx for which ever state ya live in. my step dad use to work in a small town and cos they never used their shotgun (hes a copper) for years and years they were going to take it from them but think hw much would it cost them to have a shotgun that doesnt get used????

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

oh ok i thought they may have a different ecu fitted to them and possibly a different diff ratio and suspension changes?.

Do you know anyone on here who has a ba xt ex police car?.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:

Yeah that the only downside i think smiley i dont want something that has been thrashed.They are going for beetween $11.500 to $12,500 with beetween 50 and 80 ks how many ks has your done?.

yeh, mines done 65,000 and havent had any problems with it accept the brake pads needing to be done. Its goin in for its first service on monday so fingers crossed.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

my parents have an old police AU series II it has tickford suspension, lsd and a tickford spec motor but not the red rocker cover!! Also the shift points have been changed cause it drives different to a normal au!

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:

yeh, mines done 65,000 and havent had any problems with it accept the brake pads needing to be done. Its goin in for its first service on monday so fingers crossed.

Yours has low ks and $12,900 is pretty dam cheap were others at the auctions going cheaper?did ya have to get ya own roadworthy?

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Uprated suspension
Uprated alternator
Chasers
LSD differential

Thats the main things on the BA... also the drill holes left from all there equipment.

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Monty

VIC, Australia

Damn, didnt realise they were going that cheap these days

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:

Yours has low ks and $12,900 is pretty dam cheap were others at the auctions going cheaper?did ya have to get ya own roadworthy?

Yeh, It was unregistered so I had to get a roadworthy, chuck on an extra $1000 after rego and stamp duty.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

due to insurance reasons most police vehicles are the top line sport version of the falcon and commode and other known brands.

they don't change much at all these days.

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

i was so fooled last week!

Pulling into the servo i saw a light green BA XT falcon, hubcaps off (black interceptors) and dumped on its nuts (thinking it was a P-Plate driver)....whilst filling up fuel i see 2 police officers getting out of the car and another 2 sitting in the back! whilst walking by i take a quick glimps inside and see that all the usual police radio equipment is intact.

See how they have began to "blend in" with us? :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next