Fordmods Logo

Whats legal and Whats not? P Plate Modding... 

Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

Vic laws are so much tougher than NSW rules

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

StrawbZ wrote:

yes they are .BUT once your off your p's you can do what ever you want to your car cause you dont need rego inspections and thats part of the reason most cars we see in NSW from VIC are rusty old buckets of s**t

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Victoria is fkn s**t wif rules
i wanna go to S.A lol

BRENT#24-go the SAINTERS

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

ebxr82nv wrote:
StrawbZ wrote:

yes they are .BUT once your off your p's you can do what ever you want to your car cause you dont need rego inspections and thats part of the reason most cars we see in NSW from VIC are rusty old buckets of s**t

I do have to say i don't see as many " rusty old buckets of s**t " getting around on our roads down here in VIC these days, but maybe that's because car's like VN's & EA's, when they rust out the lower rear quarters, it's all covered up by the plastic? ROFL.

You still see the occasional s**t box & wonder wtf it's not pulled over by the next cop & sent to the scrap yard, but not as many as years ago.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: WS Ford Fiesta CL manual

VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
How do they prove the KW/tonne measurement? I assume they measure the power at the flywheel (to assist in calculating a suitable car using manufacturers specification). So if you're pulled over and they suspect you of exceeding the given ratio, will they pull out your engine and put it on an engine dyno? hmm!

They probably have the listed specifications of the car from factory in a database with figures like that. I'd assume so anyways.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ya'd think so but really, is the copper gunna have the (qualification?) to be able to recognise or get down and realise that the cat-back exhaust sys is after -market and (possibly) illeagal. Cos for all he/she knows it could be stock with a tip...

NM

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

exactly... and i think i will just ask for my exhaust not to make too much noise unless im really giving it the gas... so when it's idleing and being driven normal wont attract attention.. :)

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
exactly... and i think i will just ask for my exhaust not to make too much noise unless im really giving it the gas... so when it's idleing and being driven normal wont attract attention.. :)

I've got extractors, commodore cat & 2 & 1/4 system from cat back, with only 1 sports muffler about 2/3rds the size of the stock large muffler the EB's run, which is almost a straight thru muffler, and at idle & below 2000rpm it's fairly quiet, but still sounds mean. Also does wonders for performance.

Kick it in the guts & man it growls. Just the way it should. :twisted: Unless i'm kicking it in the guts i hardly get noticed with it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cheers ToranaGuy. I cud technically get my licence in SA cos my aunty lives there so it wudnt be impossible to fix up.. but i dont care that much too much effort..

yeh i reckon the 2 1/4 system will do the trick haha

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
cheers ToranaGuy. I cud technically get my licence in SA cos my aunty lives there so it wudnt be impossible to fix up.. but i dont care that much too much effort..

yeh i reckon the 2 1/4 system will do the trick haha

I had my lic in SA to start with, had it's benefits. :twisted:

I would have gone a 2.5" system but $$ weren't available for that. I'm saving for a 3" stainless system for my turbo torana project. That's going to cost a pretty penny, and with a home loan to pay, it will be a while before i can afford the system for the torry.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well all the best with it man, sounds good. Getting my licence in... 38 days.. cant wait haha

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7