Fordmods Logo

Xh ute problems (EB MOTOR) help? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Xh ute problems (EB MOTOR) help?
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Making over 95 EF Futura

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, I have an xh ute, when i bought the ute i replaced the shagged motor with an eb motor with roughly 120,000, which cost me $600 in total to be swapped + motor cost.

Since then i have had some issues

1. - Rough Idle, after the change, it had a rough idle. I changed plugs, leads, dizzy, coil to no avail, it does run better with new parts though. It will idle like it is missing or is out of time, which led me to think dizzy etc, but after changing all of this it still does it, but only when it feels like it, I'v noticed every now and then at a set of lights the car will make a slight clunk and idle like a brand new motor, which is leading me to think MAF/MAP sensor? i have replaced idle sensor but from wreckers so i don't know there either. I have also noticed clouds of smoke after some gear changes so maybe too much fuel is being burnt? Has anyone ever had similar problems and knows of a fix?

2. Clutch. I have just recently replaced the clutch with the stand exceedy clutch kit (should have gone performance but couldnt afford at the time) and it was running sweet, well still is but the pedal feels like its rusty and stiff, and is very hard, i know the cable can cause this but would anything be affecting this? like not installing clutch properly? (i have done over 600klmhs on new clutch so far and its only recently started)

3. Air Con, not a problem but the d**k who put the new motor in decided he would just up and get rid of everything air con related under my hood, which pisses me off because it was fully gassed working before he did it! I don't know much along the lines of air con but i want to install the complete aircon system back into the ute, does anyone know roughly how much work is involved and how costly it could be, or can point me to a guide or give me a rough start as to what parts i will need to fit it up?
- Compressor, condensor, dryer etc etc

Thanks guys
I have looked all over the internet, should of came here first!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]