Fordmods Logo

All New Custom Install in my Boot 

Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Ok well caps have been proven to benefit systems....but in mosts cases...due to most installs not requring a cap...show it made no or next to no difference.

In some install the gains have only <1-<3db improvement.

So still beneficial...I have never heard of a system losing power due to a cap being install in the circuit and since it acts as another storage device and delivers current faster than a battery (also would normally be located closer to equipment making that point even more vital) so dont see how it could cause a loss.

And have you run a clamp meter across your system yet ?

Even with the new 1500w RMS amp and aint gonna pull 300+ amps when your systems on its max. Pure sine wave signals or not.

For a 3500w RMS system youd be lookin at round 290amps being the max drawn current....only you will get loss through the amplifier efficiency, cable loss etc.... it isnt as easily calculated by saing I = P/V but at least that gives u a max estimate...

Also mate id be seriously considering investing in better batteries for this setup.

1 Oddyssey/D34 Optima Yellow/Blue top would supply more cold and continual cranking ampere output than than almost 4 of your batteries combined..... i take it how u said earlier...if i saw the batteries id understand why u were going 4.....were they a bank of 4 smaller 8v ones or something?

1x D34 will give u 800 cranking amps continually....875 cold crank and 120amp houre reserve capacity...and at $300+ its a worthwhile investment....and you would need caps or have a dimming problem....maybe dimming from the globes virbrating ;)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3