Fordmods Logo

Fairmont BF MKII Audio Aux 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Fairmont BF MKII Audio Aux
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Bf Fairmont MKII

WA, Australia

Please note it's a Fairmont not a Falcon, Falcon kits I am finding everywhere, Fairmont not one!!

I have a need to bypass the 6 stack CD player, I don't necessarily want to remove the stack, I am after a cheaper option an Audio Aux Kit (please don't shoot me if the terminology is incorrect), with the end goal being possibly using this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/334899620205?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20230811123856%26meid%3D52e2cc60f8ef440ba5842113c39682d0%26pid%3D101770%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D334899620205%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DRecentlyViewedItemsV2%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p4375194.c101770.m146925&_trkparms=parentrq%3Adaa103e718c0acda43b799caffff6820%7Cpageci%3A453b3c04-abee-11ee-bbe3-be5b84e0e8ed%7Ciid%3A1%7Cvlpname%3Avlp_homepage and either spotify on my phone or a
U Stick, I don't have a problem using the mp3 route as it's still a damn sight more advanced than the CD stacker

Post subject: Re: Fairmont BF MKII Audio Aux
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Please note it's a Fairmont not a Falcon, Falcon kits I am finding everywhere, Fairmont not one!!

I have a need to bypass the 6 stack CD player, I don't necessarily want to remove the stack, I am after a cheaper option an Audio Aux Kit (please don't shoot me if the terminology is incorrect), with the end goal being possibly using this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/33489962020 ... p_homepage and either spotify on my phone or a
U Stick, I don't have a problem using the mp3 route as it's still a damn sight more advanced than the CD stacker

it's still a falcon. it's your call in what you want to use altho i'm not sure on how well what you linked would work considering the $$ of it. i use my old MP3 player but with an amplified output [adjustable amp bought from a site sponsor on ford forums] thru the AUX input so i don't have low volume. don't use the factory MP3 hookup as it is worthless as that was what i 1st used. i have a separate bluetooth unit for the phone only.

sorry i'm not much help.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

The reason I'm emphasizing Fairmont and not calling it a Falcon, is because I bought BF Falcon weather shield for the drivers side, and it was too big, to be honest I didn't know there was a difference between the Falcon and Fairmont (other than the extras), I thought a BF would be a BF Ford. <-- Does that make sense?

I honestly have no idea where to even begin to get the outcome I want, I know I would be happy listening to either spotify or mp3's, I don't really care about mobile phone usage when I'm in my car because I simply refuse to play with it when I am driving.

What site sponsor did you use @Mad2, and MP3 player? I have found this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/362331486499

My previous car was an EL Falcon, I had a 1 DIN MP3/CD/USB player installed, this newer car I'm looking at $599 just for the facia, which is a fair chunk of change.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:48 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fiery_WA wrote:
The reason I'm emphasizing Fairmont and not calling it a Falcon, is because I bought BF Falcon weather shield for the drivers side, and it was too big, to be honest I didn't know there was a difference between the Falcon and Fairmont (other than the extras), I thought a BF would be a BF Ford. <-- Does that make sense?

body wise there is no major differance between em. when you say 'weather strip' do you mean the plastic weather strip that is stuck to the door as per https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142650215331 ?.

Fiery_WA wrote:
I honestly have no idea where to even begin to get the outcome I want, I know I would be happy listening to either spotify or mp3's, I don't really care about mobile phone usage when I'm in my car because I simply refuse to play with it when I am driving.

well there's ya problem .... workout what you want to finish up with & we can workout how to get there.

Fiery_WA wrote:
What site sponsor did you use @Mad2, and MP3 player? I have found this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/362331486499

this is what i use instead of the one linked in your reply https://www.aslautomedia.com.au/falcon-ba-bf-territory-sx-sy-audio-booster as the one you linked is just a connection to the AUX only where as the one i linked will 'boost' the signal and it's only 125. connects up just as easily as the one linked. i use Creative MP3 players only and they have not been manufactured for awhile either, altho if you look you can get some parts & they are not that hard to pull apart [check out utube]. you just have to make sure you do not drop em as it kills the hard drive.

Fiery_WA wrote:
My previous car was an EL Falcon, I had a 1 DIN MP3/CD/USB player installed, this newer car I'm looking at $599 just for the facia, which is a fair chunk of change.

a LOT of the err 'younger' generation are fitting aftermarket head units under the ICC and then get bluetooth etc. and the speaker outputs from the new headunit are then connected to the speaker connections at the 'A' pillars with the ICC connection cut. same/similar as what you did to the EL.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Fiery_WA wrote:

body wise there is no major differance between em. when you say 'weather strip' do you mean the plastic weather strip that is stuck to the door as per https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142650215331 ?.

No, this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185741068387 a shield not a strip

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Fiery_WA wrote:

well there's ya problem .... workout what you want to finish up with & we can workout how to get there.

Fiery_WA wrote:

I do know what I want it's the how to go about getting what I want to work, the cheaper route would be most definitely be preferred, but I in case you hadn't figured it out, have no idea where to begin.

I want the ability to play music using the installed speakers, not using the antiquated CD stacker which only can random play on 1 CD, it can't even random play the 6 CD's at once. Anything else like GPS navigation would be a bonus. As with most people now I use my phone not the old map book I grew up with for directions.

Quote:
i use Creative MP3 players only and they have not been manufactured for awhile either, altho if you look you can get some parts & they are not that hard to pull apart [check out utube]. you just have to make sure you do not drop em as it kills the hard drive.

I am not comfortable pulling things like an MP3 player apart

Fiery_WA wrote:

a LOT of the err 'younger' generation are fitting aftermarket head units under the ICC and then get bluetooth etc. and the speaker outputs from the new headunit are then connected to the speaker connections at the 'A' pillars with the ICC connection cut. same/similar as what you did to the EL.[/quote]

Whelp I'm most definitely not of the younger generation, I am of the clueless woman generation lol

I know I have been down the path of buying the facia for the Fairmont and then having to add in the cost of a head unit plus installation when I first got the car 2 years ago ($1000 plus I balked at the cost). Then my disability kept me out of the car for 2 years. Now I am ready to start driving again, I'm just not happy with how the CD stacker performs, it's just to basic

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fiery_WA wrote:

I want the ability to play music using the installed speakers, not using the antiquated CD stacker which only can random play on 1 CD, it can't even random play the 6 CD's at once. Anything else like GPS navigation would be a bonus. As with most people now I use my phone not the old map book I grew up with for directions.

Whelp I'm most definitely not of the younger generation, I am of the clueless woman generation lol

I know I have been down the path of buying the facia for the Fairmont and then having to add in the cost of a head unit plus installation when I first got the car 2 years ago ($1000 plus I balked at the cost). Then my disability kept me out of the car for 2 years. Now I am ready to start driving again, I'm just not happy with how the CD stacker performs, it's just to basic

lol - whelp!.

ok. get a phone stand of what ever style floats your boat [preferably NOT a windscreen mounted unit nor a vent mounted unit] and fit it. that will be your GPS..... then figure out what MP3 player you want to use & fit the audio booster i mentioned [i know it works with my MP3 player i'm not sure re apple's version tho]. hard part will be fitting the booster/cable.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

I've decided getting bits and pieces and sticky taping the lot together will just get too hard for me to figure out, and I will never end up with decent music back in my car.

Snot cheap but I've decided to bite the bullet and just get a head unit and new facia installed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]