Ford Territory 2006 Ghia Premium Sound System Dmaged Display 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Territory 2006 Ghia Premium Sound System Dmaged Display
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Territory Ghia 4.0 2006

NSW, Australia

Good Day All

I have a Ford Territory 2006 Ghia with Premium Sound System with a damaged colour LCD. I managed to get a used radio with a working LCD and wanted to know, if I just replace the LCD, will it still ask me for a security code. I bought the car used and did not get the code with it.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Ford Territory 2006 Ghia Premium Sound System Dmaged Display
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Avengeristic wrote:
Good Day All

I have a Ford Territory 2006 Ghia with Premium Sound System with a damaged colour LCD. I managed to get a used radio with a working LCD and wanted to know, if I just replace the LCD, will it still ask me for a security code. I bought the car used and did not get the code with it.

Thanks in advance

Hi. the BA/BF/SX/SY don't have codes as per the earlier models so as long as the PCM/BEM etc are all matching [including the ABS to i believe?] - no problem. with the working replacement .... is it a colour screen or a monochromatic screen as they are differant and you cannot replace one with the other. i bought some new colour screens not long back [from ebay] so i could replace my crappy one. and as long as you only replace the screen itself [not the whole screen & box it's mounted to] you should not have a problem [ i did change the whole box on one but i don't remember how i got it up & running]. and swapping the screen only is an easy job as long as you pull it apart & remember how you pulled it apart so you can put it back together in the reverse order. you do have to pull a few covers off tho. you will also need some heat paste from a hobby electronics store for the cooling strip you have to remove.

but if your wanting to change the ICC's around then yes you need Forscan or someone who can 'reboot' the system.

cheers

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi, yes it is a colour screen. It is exactly the same as the damaged one. I will give it a go and report back. Thanks for the reply.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi @Mad2'

I replaced the LCD, started up my Terri and it said security code error, but after about ten seconds it switched to the normal display and everything is 100%

I used this youtube vid as a guide on howto remove the trimmings and it was quite easy. Hardest part was the 4 plugs underneath that I had to fit my over sized hands in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpZbjHGY6cI

Thanks again

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Avengeristic wrote:
Hi @Mad2'

I replaced the LCD, started up my Terri and it said security code error, but after about ten seconds it switched to the normal display and everything is 100%

I used this youtube vid as a guide on howto remove the trimmings and it was quite easy. Hardest part was the 4 plugs underneath that I had to fit my over sized hands in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpZbjHGY6cI

Thanks again

well done on the job. yeah it's very similar to the BA/BF in removal etc. with the plugs .. your not the 1st & won't be the last lol [i have trouble every time i have to remove one!]. it would have said "Security Code" due to the battery being disconnected.so give yourself a big pat on ya back for a well done job :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]