Fordmods Logo

Installing Sub in BA sedan 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Installing Sub in BA sedan
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF falcon wagon

VIC, Australia

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with installing a sub into a BA. Apparantly its a b**ch to connect the RCA's Can anyone shed some light???

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

yeah there is no RCA output on the BA. What you need to do is use the signal from the rear speakers and run it through an level converter to convert it to an RCA, they are about $50 or so I think. My amp already has a high level input so I didnt need to use one.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6

WA, Australia

King Nothing wrote:
yeah there is no RCA output on the BA. What you need to do is use the signal from the rear speakers and run it through an level converter to convert it to an RCA, they are about $50 or so I think. My amp already has a high level input so I didnt need to use one.
Gidday, I.ve got the same prob.Can I use the rear l+r speaker outputs and connect them to my amp using hi level inputs and output that to a sub and larger/better rear speakers e.g 6x9 etc...? 8-)

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Or you could cheat and buy a secondary head unit and get someone else to worry about it... Headunit, amp and sub wired up for $70. Better than having the headache of trying to do it yourself I reckon...

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

wheres the satisfaction from knowing you did it yourself?

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Dude - wasn't for a lack of trying - I can do basic wiring, but the wiring under the ICC in the BA is a headache for someone who isn't an auto electrician - as it was for me... So after friggin around with it for a weekend, and not wanting to stuff anything up cause I needed the car to be running, I booked it in and got it done....

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

davro_xr6 wrote:
Dude - wasn't for a lack of trying - I can do basic wiring, but the wiring under the ICC in the BA is a headache for someone who isn't an auto electrician - as it was for me... So after friggin around with it for a weekend, and not wanting to stuff anything up cause I needed the car to be running, I booked it in and got it done....

Yeh these days with all the electronics particulary fords ICC it is just easier to get guys in the know with the right tools to get it done right the first time and a good job done for a lil cash and no headaches for the owner....in and out in a few hrs.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

XRSiC wrote:
King Nothing wrote:
Gidday, I.ve got the same prob.Can I use the rear l+r speaker outputs and connect them to my amp using hi level inputs and output that to a sub and larger/better rear speakers e.g 6x9 etc...? 8-)

Yep, sure can. Thats how my system is set up. Mines currently using the rear speaker output to amp the sub and rears, but I want to change that so im using the front signal to amp front and sub

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

theres s**t of room inside the dash once the head unit is removed, and its pretty easy to hook up to the front speaker wires thru a line convertor... BUT dont use a cheapy, and be sure to fit a noise filter inline with the B+ wire.
I am currently running two 12" subs, one JL 13" and a free air 8" in the parcel shelf, I am still using the head unit for the 5x7" speakers in the front & rear, but have upgraded the speakers to JL 5x7's & have no problems with distortion at very high volume (even with the power limiter OFF)
only probs are with the rear view mirror falling down & rattling

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6 ute

WA, Australia

asl logistics do a sub wiring kit dont know too much about it but visit there web site might help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]