My Official db Reading 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

pyroay wrote:
What is the story with the meter and the screen?

high 120's is pretty good first up effort.

What amp powering it.

To give you some comparison

My original SQ system got 131db with a single 15" in SQ box
My mates car got 126 with 2 x Vennon 12's and 300rms between them.

I'll post a pic of my dash this weekend with the screen and where the mic went.....you will understand why.....for an SQL setup and id never competed in SPL before I was aiming to get above 130db .... got 132.8 second run so was cheering as most of my sound was hitting the screen as the judge pointed out and said apart from me almost getting disqualified i was letting myself down as I wasnt able to get a proper reading ... all in all was a good day though some nice systems...good turn out too...little charade won the biggest SPL reading of 148.8db....I know theres plenty of cars with higher but not bad for his setup.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:25 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

148 is nothing to sneeze at...

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

pyroay wrote:

Still not bad for a little charade ( i think with one 12 too )....and yeah audiotech in the past to prove a point used a not so spectacular clarion 12" sub running off one of their crappest clarion mono amps and pulled just over 150dbs in a suzuki swift.....just to show how much having something setup correctly and tuned well regardless of the equipment can still pull good levels... (not sure if this was a ported box tho )

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

i finally got round to wiring up my front speakers to my amp. It is so much louder and clearer now.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
pyroay wrote:

Still not bad for a little charade ( i think with one 12 too )....and yeah audiotech in the past to prove a point used a not so spectacular clarion 12" sub running off one of their crappest clarion mono amps and pulled just over 150dbs in a suzuki swift.....just to show how much having something setup correctly and tuned well regardless of the equipment can still pull good levels... (not sure if this was a ported box tho )

yeah they wanna do it again too word is it will be on again in late january and they wanna build something up for the day to see what kind of spl they can get

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
pyroay wrote:

yeah they wanna do it again too word is it will be on again in late january and they wanna build something up for the day to see what kind of spl they can get

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

xr Rob wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
pyroay wrote:

The word is hey rob lol cant wait to see the build up on this car then :P

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

concorde wrote:
I heard about your little dilema with the screen being so close to the microphone. bummer.

I might enter into the NATS, have to do some tuning and maybe a bigger amp. see how we go. I was happy with 128.7 considering i had only 2 mins notice to choose a CD and get ready, i had one run only before the finals, maybe with a better CD or song choice i would have done better.

Maybe next time. :twisted:

I have a disc with heavy bass on it i used to get a read of 130db when i had stereo installed in my old car.. I could find it and show and if you like burn you a copy. Just PM me :D

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
- George Orwell

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Matty_XR6 wrote:
concorde wrote:
I heard about your little dilema with the screen being so close to the microphone. bummer.

I might enter into the NATS, have to do some tuning and maybe a bigger amp. see how we go. I was happy with 128.7 considering i had only 2 mins notice to choose a CD and get ready, i had one run only before the finals, maybe with a better CD or song choice i would have done better.

Maybe next time. :twisted:

I have a disc with heavy bass on it i used to get a read of 130db when i had stereo installed in my old car.. I could find it and show and if you like burn you a copy. Just PM me :D

that would be handy, if you come to the ALL FORD DAY bring it.

STEREO - 128.7db
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

I`ll be there for sure ans yeah i`ll have it with me.. only has 2 deep deep bass songs on it, used to have heaps more but lost or had it stolen before i moved down here... where will you be hiding out at?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
- George Orwell

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

i'll be with all the other fordmods members. its really hard to miss my Concorde, i'll also have a gazebo shade cover up over my car and one for the people.

STEREO - 128.7db
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

Sweet... i`ll try and find you

- George Orwell

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2