Fordmods Logo

OIL PRESSURE GAUGE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Can any one help me with installing an electric oil pressure gauge into my BAXR6 ute? Apparently there are 2 oilsender points 1 to the computer and one to the oil light. Which one should i connect into an where is it located? Any help would be apprieciated. :roll:

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

if you don't have a oil pressure gauge in your present cluster, and you just have a light that comes on to say that there's low pressure, you need to replace the oil switch with an oil pressure sender. No idea where it is located in your car, but it will be stuck in the side of the engine block somewhere.

I think.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

braidy wrote:
if you don't have a oil pressure gauge in your present cluster, and you just have a light that comes on to say that there's low pressure, you need to replace the oil switch with an oil pressure sender. No idea where it is located in your car, but it will be stuck in the side of the engine block somewhere.

I think.

I would not replace the switch with a sender, as that will loose your factory oil pressure light! Might cause issues.
Rather get a t-peice, remove the oil pressure switch, fit the t-peice, and fit both the factory swithc and the sender for the gauge into the t-peice, that way both can run.
Somewhere like enzed can supply t-peices, but you'll need to take the factory switch and the new sender so they can see which threads you'll need.
If it's anythign like the SOHC 4.0L, it's unde r the inlet manifold and above the oil filter and a b**ch to get to.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]