Total votes : 84

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
Cant u edit the existing options ..hehe how can u have clarion, sony and kenwood there but not Rockford Fosgate, Dynaudio etc :P

Rockford Fosgate is up now but I didn't put brands like that up (Dynaudio, kicker, Boston Acoustics etc etc) as they tend to only make one type of audio product (speakers, subs) whereas brands like Kenwood, SONY, Clarion and all them make a wide range of audio gear.

Besides Kev... Look at your boot... I thought you'd vote Alpine all the way :wink:

True the majority of gear is alpine but it aint all alpine ;)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

I currently run:

Stock Pioneer speakers
Pioneer DEH-1450B
Fusion Encounter 12" sub

Doesn't really matter what you have in your car though, it all comes down to tuning. The stock speakers in my car absolutely f**king hammer, and are clear as day. You could spend 10 grand on a system and it could still sound like dogs balls without a decent tuning done.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

braidy wrote:
I currently run:

Stock Pioneer speakers
Pioneer DEH-1450B
Fusion Encounter 12" sub

Doesn't really matter what you have in your car though, it all comes down to tuning. The stock speakers in my car absolutely f**king hammer, and are clear as day. You could spend 10 grand on a system and it could still sound like dogs balls without a decent tuning done.

I can attest to that... I've always been a big fan of spending a little bit but doing it wisely and doing it all properly rather than spending a lot to get a full Alpine Type R system to go in a Lancer that cost you one third of what you just spent on the stereo which now sounds like crap because you didn't know how to properly install, wire up or tune the Alpine stuff... :P happened to a tosser mate of mine...

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
braidy wrote:
I currently run:

Stock Pioneer speakers
Pioneer DEH-1450B
Fusion Encounter 12" sub

I can attest to that... I've always been a big fan of spending a little bit but doing it wisely and doing it all properly rather than spending a lot to get a full Alpine Type R system to go in a Lancer that cost you one third of what you just spent on the stereo which now sounds like crap because you didn't know how to properly install, wire up or tune the Alpine stuff... :P happened to a tosser mate of mine...

LOL then buy and tune a decent set up n realise how good music can actually sound :P No matter what anyone says those pioneer speakers that come with the ghias etc are crap. They might sound clearish up to a point but geez get some real splits n 6"'s and see what quality is all about :D

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB Falcon

TAS, Australia

i just like to have everything the same brand in my stereo, but which brand doesnt really matter to me at all. when i got my car it had a pretty good SONY XPlod head unit so i bought some 6x9's and am picking up a 12" sub and 4 chan amp for $200. not a bad deal in my opinion.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Rossca wrote:
i just like to have everything the same brand in my stereo, but which brand doesnt really matter to me at all. when i got my car it had a pretty good SONY XPlod head unit so i bought some 6x9's and am picking up a 12" sub and 4 chan amp for $200. not a bad deal in my opinion.

What type of amp?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

gryph wrote:
LOL then buy and tune a decent set up n realise how good music can actually sound :P No matter what anyone says those pioneer speakers that come with the ghias etc are crap. They might sound clearish up to a point but geez get some real splits n 6"'s and see what quality is all about :D

I know what you mean. I thought my standard Pioneer splits that came with my Futura sounded fine until I bought myself a pair on Soundstream 3-ways and there really is no comparison. The Soundstreams produce clear punchy mid and crystal clear highs. I threw my old Pioneer splits in the bin! :P

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

Pioneer...
But then I did used to work there many moons ago

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Falcon XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

I have always been a huge fan of JL Audio. Don't really hear about them much anymore, but i still think they built some top quality gear.

_Gianni_

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
I threw my old Pioneer splits in the bin! :P

What Pioneer splits? If you're talking stock, you can't really call them Pioneer as they're not even close to aftermarket quality.

Last edited by Stone on Wed May 09, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeh the stock Pioneer splits that came in EF Futuras/Fairmonts... They are Pioneer built same as the rear 6.5" DUAL CONES!!! HAHA! and the rest of the Ford stuff. But you're right... not even in the same league as the cheapest Pioneer aftermarket gear... NO mid and tinny highs... Thus they are now at the tip...

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

The stuff they stuck in my GT-P (with the 'premium' system) was worse than the stockers from my EL. Panasonic or something stamped on them. Pure rubbish.

Had a new completely after market stereo in within a month of picking it up off the dealer.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

That's weird as... I woulda' thought the premium sound in the B-series would be fairly good. My bro just bought an XR6T and he reackons its' ok. I haven't heard it yet though so I dunno.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
That's weird as... I woulda' thought the premium sound in the B-series would be fairly good. My bro just bought an XR6T and he reackons its' ok. I haven't heard it yet though so I dunno.

Dude no offence but you do realise this is a forum not a chat room...yesterday you had like 150 odd posts...now your clear of 300...your a bigger post whore than discofrank ;) to make fordmods a more useful and enjoyable place to hunt for inspirations, address concerns or ask for help etc we try to encourage that post whoring isnt a good thing - just to keep the forum pretty clean from garbage or useless posts :)

Aint having a crack a ya but keep it in mind :) or tell me to f**k off i dont mind hehe

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next