Fordmods Logo

radar detectors WA 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: radar detectors WA
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

i did a quick seach but most topics were from a few years ago.

are they still legal here in WA?

if so does anyone know if/when they will be becoming illegal and the cops change the frequency so they dont work anymore?

also is there any gps on the market that has an inbuilt radar detector?

No one turn this topic into a dont speed and you wont get caught thing, and call me a hoon coz i wont even reply to your comment, i've only ever had 1 speeding fine and im sure you've all had them to.

cheers guys, also what other states are they legal in? if any

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

who here in WA has one?

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

Bump

yeh im keen too, anyone know of a decent model that works?? im in WA too. got pinged on double demerits yesterday.... bah hum bug.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

As far as i know WA is the only state in Australia that allows the use of a radar detector.

I have one, but it's absolutely useless with lasers and multanova's. It does however pick up patrol cars from a mile away.

But the best speeding fine prevention is to not speed at all. "Awww!" you all say haha! You were waiting for the old fogie comment, weren't you? Haha!

EDIT: God, s**t! Just looked at the thread date, someones doing a bit of digging.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

as far as i know. they are legal in WA, thats the only state that you can use them in. http://www.radardetcetors.com.au <-- I think.

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:29 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

Yer I run one of the Beltronic radar detectors, supposedly the best and most expensive, it's good for f**k apart from picking up automatic doors...

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeah, i found my one used to pick up auto doors in shops, so i shut k or x band off ..

Laticia!

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR8 Ute

WA, Australia

we've got one, its good sometimes.
picks up some multanova's, it picks up lasers.. but only when the laser is used so you've already been caught haha.

XR8 UTE: Low && Loud

Holdens were never designed to turn, brake or accelerate... as long as you can slam in subwoofers and dump it on rims 60% of australias 17-25 yo population are happy

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

there still legal in WA and the older models dont work because apparently the cops changed there frequency to FM
uniden make good ones there is a few on ebay which are very good

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I was in at alberts car stereo in cannington and pete said they are legal here in wa but cross the border and the coppers will smash it :D
So if you are unsure give them a call and ask them.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

i was told they are legal to buy or own but illegal to use. something along the lines of it could be used for any purpose so legal to sell, but illegal to hinder police via their usage to avoid cameras.

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA XR6

WA, Australia

they are perfectly legal in WA and NZ aswell i think. i run a belltronics in my car (check my sig) the laws were changed over east from activated radar detectors being illegal (people were unplugging them and chucking them under their seats and saying i want using it) to any radar detector in a moving vehicle is illegal, and from what ive herd, police are suppose to destroy them on the spot if you are caught with one, even if it is still sealed in its box.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA MKII

VIC, Australia

im pretty sure...
radar detectors are legal to own and use in WA only. no other states.
Beltronics by far make the best, the only problem is police are slowly bringing in more 'laser' guns, and if your detector detects a laser hit its too late!
What is illegal is any type of radar that also acts as a frequency jammer. I wouldn't even bother trying to use one either as all models of radar gun used by the police show an error code if a frequency jammer is used.

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:24 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

back when detectors were legal in NSW, they were pretty useless, fluro lights in servos used to set them off.

Current fines in NSW for getting stung with a detector on your vehicle, plugged in or not is 9 of your 12 points gone, about 1500 on the spot fine, further to that they can also push for criminal charges, with a maximum penalty of $200k AND 4 years prison.that and stuff like slant radars aerial monitoring and lidars are used and if your detector picks em up its too late if your on teh move anyway.

worse than that though in this fair eastern state, they are looking at bringing in average speed and disatance camera systems, you get picked up in the 1st camera, and the 2nd one may 5 km apart, if you travel x dist in x time its ok but once you exceed that the average speed over hat distance is calculated and you can score a fine for that too.

ahh, i love a police state

I have a car.

Post subject: Re: radar detectors WA
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BFII XR6T / EF GLI project

ACT, Australia

www.australianradar.com.au

This is the best mob I have seen so far.

My backround is Electronic warfare in the defence force so I know a fair bit about this shyte and it all comes down to the detector you choose and the settings you input into it.

There is no point at all in buying a laser detector because they only turn them on when they point it at you and then its too late. There is a laser jammer available that will protect you most of the time and it is marketed as a laser parking sensor due to silly laws stoping the general public from screwing up there speed mesurement devices.

Just remember if you dont live in WA there is such a thing as a RADAR detector detector. So make sure you buy one that is undetectible.

But the most important thing of all is DO NOT BUY ONE FROM EBAY chances are they are just trying to con you and you will get done.

Talk to the guys at the web site above and they will taylor a system to your budget.

Any questions about RADAR or LIDAR give me a yell. :D

BFII XR6T - Conquer - K&N Pod Filter - Baby seat and Elmo sun shades!!!
EF Gli - 2.5" zorst NOW WITH CLOCK

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next