Fordmods Logo

what are these?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

EACRUISER wrote:
Sorry, just i know that a good pair of 6x9's can cost up to $800 - $1200

I Spent $400 on a semi decent pair for my 2nd car (VL) (i won't admit i ever had it) they were kenwoods so i was just trying to suggest a cheaper option.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your advice, I'm just tossing around different options, so as I come up with the right one.

Surely if I buy a cheap pair of say Sony 6x9's then I would get a reasonable sound, as apposed to buying say a $800 pair, or spending $400 on 2 subs and an amp??????

Again, just tossing around ideas?

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 XH XR6

VIC, Australia

thanks for your suggestions i do appreciate all the info i can get. My brothers got a pair of pioneer 6x9's in his subaru liberty and they sound really good only cost him $190. its a little differant to my ute but all the same really good sound quality. But i got a mate at jb-hifi so i was hoping to get a pair of good alpine 6x9s for about $200 for a pair is that a reasonable price for good speakers and are alpine good??

ONE FOR RUM AND RUM FOR ALL

4.0ltr 1998 XH XR6 - 2 JVC 4way 6X9's - 2 JVC 4way 4" in doors - JVC head unit - AU XR8 intake snorkel

Paceys, hi flow cat and many more still to come

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA II Fairmont Ghia S

SA, Australia

They would be a reasonable pair of 6x9's Alpine have a good range of products at the low end of the car audio field.

wobbo
If you can convince your brother to take his 6x9's out for a little test for you then i would get 2 pieces of MDF and make holes to mount the 6x9's in. Then place them behind your seats with your brothers 6x9's in and test the sound quality from them. You will probably only hear the midbass cone and not the tweeters.

But would be a good test that wont cost too much. just time and probably $20 for the MDF that you can use to create mounts for your own 6x9s anyway.

This would clear it up and just ask your brother if you can borrow his 6x9's for a weekend. if he is nice he will let you.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

i would sound good i reckon. Because you would have the lows from the 6x9's and the highs from the new sony tweeters you have just installed. If i was you i would just go the alpine 6x9s you just mentioned. Alpine also have a catalogue on the net so if you get the price out of that, ring a couple places you will get a better deal then the net as well.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i don't need to create any boxs or anything because where the holes are cut its under the plate in the tray where the fuel tank is placed so the only way to get to them from the back is to go through the spaces for the fuel tank and all i gotta do is line up the holes put 4 nuts and bolts in its place and its done.
My brother is and absolute f**k tool and i really doubt that he will let me do that but yeah a good pair of 4 ways should work good i hope what do you's think?? its a little much to put subs in so 6x9's are my best option

4.0ltr 1998 XH XR6 - 2 JVC 4way 6X9's - 2 JVC 4way 4" in doors - JVC head unit - AU XR8 intake snorkel

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I forgot to mention im also looking to put 4 4" 3way speakers on front and doors and 2 tweeters along the plastic door frames just behind the seats so hopefully that helps. whats your opinion on this set up??

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

pioneer do have a very flat sub.
made for utes.

‮‮

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

do you know how much roughly the flat subs are worth???

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2